Discussion: Giuliani: I Am Afraid It Will Be On My Gravestone—'Rudy Giuliani: He Lied For Trump'

Rudy’s obsession with tapes is something worth focusing on. It ties the WH reaction to the Buzzfeed piece and why the SCO was pressured to issue a statement and why the SCO bent to the will of the WH and Rosenstein.

The tapes Rudy is referring to are the ones seized in the Cohen raid by the SDNY last April. Trump got access to that material when he intervened in the case (he was an interested party because the Feds were investigating a crime that Trump directed Cohen to commit. Honestly people, that’s enough for impeachment).

Trump/Rudy went through those tapes looking for a smoking gun. They didn’t find one and so they made the decision to not go out of their way to support Cohen. But on the campaign finance charge, Cohen combined with Pecker, Keith Davidson, Alan Weisselberg and National Enquirer provided more than enough evidence to tag Individual-1 with a federal crime.

But what I think Trump/Rudy were also looking for were tapes tying Trump to the TT Moscow Hotel project. They didn’t find any there either. Nonetheless, the Feds gathered a ton of incriminating evidence on the project, got Cohen to plead guilty and came to the doorstep of stating that Trump gave a direct order. Keep in mind that there are many lawyers who would argue that Trump already did enough to be indicted for a federal crime involving witness tampering even without smoking gun evidence of a direct order, but clearly that’s a grey area.

The reason the WH had a freak out about the Buzzfeed article is that it said that (1) smoking gun evidence exists, and (2) the Special Counsel has it. That’s why they pressured the SCO, as did Rosenstein. The SCO’s denial can basically boiled down to this, ‘We don’t have evidence of the smoking gun to which Buzzfeed refers, even though we have a ton of other stuff that’s pretty bad in its own right. Mr. Trump/Mr. Giuliani, good luck to you if either we or Buzzfeed get that smoking gun evidence before you do, cause if that gets out, you’re f***ed.’.

Rudy is pushing back at Buzzfeed and is obsessing over tapes to the point of a public (if not Freudian) slip, because he’s worried if he missed something. He’s also worried whether Cohen hid something (through Lanny Davis) or if someone else has such smoking gun evidence which Buzzfeed is aware of. If Buzzfeed has a line to direct, smoking gun evidence which is currently not in the possession of the SCO, that would indeed be explosive.

If such evidence exists, I would personally hope that it become public through the press as that would compel the SCO to act and also it would give the House the opening they need to advance the impeachment process and force the SCO to share their evidence with Adam Schiff and Jerry Nadler.

28 Likes

Just as when Trump is reading a speech from the teleprompter and pauses to agree with it, “…so true, so true…”, every Giuliani interview is a magical voyage of discovery for the audience, the interviewer, and the interviewee.

“Wow, oops, I just did the big crime with a poop out of my mouth!”, Giuliani exclaims, for those of us who might be too dim to realize in real time that he just did the big crime with a poop out of his mouth.

It’s not hard to see how they fell into each others’ orbits.

9 Likes

‘I Am Afraid It Will Be On My Gravestone—Rudy Giuliani: He Lied For Trump’

I would rather it were in his indictment.

10 Likes

http://www.wraygunn.com/img/pictures-of-funny-headstones-6.jpg

There are other possibilities, Rudy.

Here’s one that will last the test of time…

14 Likes

It’s the OJ defense, “If I did it”.

4 Likes

"And, Rudy, do you understand that it’s you, yourself, or your family who typically dcide what’s on your gravestone? "

Which ex-wife do you think will take on this chore?

6 Likes

This seems to be a common perception, that the House needs some criminal statute violation in order to proceed.

But they don’t.

What’s already in the public record, by Giuliani’s own statements, is that the President discussed Cohen’s testimony before Cohen went before Congress.

Therefore, even the most generous reading is that the President was aware that Cohen would lie, and did not prevent that.

Which is certainly enough to start impeachment hearings, to investigate this more.

And I’m still certain that there’s a smoking gun out there, and it surrounds the date choice of January, 2016. All of the parties were on the same sheet of music, which means that someone decided on that date, and it got passed around to everyone else so that their lies were in synch. Seems like the thing that would get passed around casually in texts or e-mails…

4 Likes

This has been the defense from day one - he didn’t do it, but if he did do it, it is not a crime, either because he was not elected yet OR, if he did it after taking office, it is not a crime because the president cannot commit a crime in doing his presidential duties. Just ask Barr, Dershowitz, etc. It is the Moebius strip defense, the M.C. Escher school of legal thought.

9 Likes

Just like when it’s Trump’s time, except St. Peter will direct both of them to a much grander gold escalator, probably jewel studded too. This will make Trump sad.

3 Likes

You did lie for trump, Rudy, you did. And St. Peter isn’t as forgiving as I am.

2 Likes

Rudy’s defense will be incompetence.

2 Likes

Bwaaaaahahahaha! :joy::joy::joy::joy: It’s the what-now?!?

1 Like

More arguments against the seven-dimensional chess theories. When you see people whose every waking moment is an argument against even normal intelligence and circumspection, it’s pretty safe to be skeptical about that seven-dimensional stuff. Trump finds right and wrong to be emotionally challenging concepts, and Rudy is temperamentally bad at monitoring what he’s saying for damaging admissions. He’s much too inclined to babble heedlessly when attention is paid.

12 Likes

And no tool like an old tool.

2 Likes

If Rutabaga keeps rolling like he has been for a while, what else could even his family put on his tombstone? Beloved father? Faithful and loving husband? Pillar of the community??

Every day, every interview, every outrageous outburst serves only to ensure that all history will remember of Rutabaga is lying for Spankee. Especially when Spankee goes down bigly.

4 Likes

They don’t need anything else to open an inquiry or even to impeach, I agree. If the shoe were on the other foot, the GOP would launch. The issue is, however, for impeachment to have political legitimacy that we need evidence. We need testimony. We need people under oath. We need all the stuff that the SCO has. Even the House that impeached Clinton got all of Starr’s info. I don’t think impeachment happens without it. We need that stuff and the SCO is keeping it from the House. That’s why I think some public revelation of the evidence that Buzzfeed is pointing to represents a game changer, even though I don’t particularly think it changes Trump’s actual legal exposure all that much (he can already be prosecuted for directing Cohen’s testimony based on what we know. There are obvious additional witnesses from among the WH political team and his lawyers who can be questioned to provide supporting evidence. It’s just a question if that case is becomes so easy to prosecute that it results in a plea deal or whether it remains a doable but challenging case where victory isn’t guaranteed and therefore might cause hesitation on moving forward).

13 Likes

Don’t worry Rudy, Donld still has you beat!
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-fact-check_us_5c46c50de4b0bfa693c68e9f

4 Likes

“Rudy Giuliani: He lied for Trump.” Somehow, I don’t think that will be it. But, if it is, so what do I care? I’ll be dead. I figure I can explain it to St. Peter.”

alternative:

“Fuck you America, tRUmp over country all day every day, (by tRUmp I mean putin!)”

1 Like

I am going to guess that the tape thing popped out, because it has been THE central point of all conversations he has been in since the BuzzFeed News article broke. They know that Cohen has tapes…LOTS of tapes, on everyone. They know that SDNY and Mueller has those tapes, too. So of course, the main topic of his “defense” team (and PR team, because lets face it…he continues to treat his legal defense as almost exclusively a PR problem), is how they will respond to tapes of Trump committing obstruction and other crimes.

And Rudy being Rudy, it slips right out once he starts babbling.

But in some ways, the admittance that he is lying for Trump is actually even worse. That is damaging to the PR “defense” And make no mistake about it…that is precisely what he just admitted; that his job is to lie for Trump, and he is doing it constantly, including this interview.

17 Likes

Yes, Matt, you are right for sure. But I’m pretty sure THEY think theyre playing seven dimensional chess. That’s what’s funny about it.

Just as we have adopted the concept of ‘Stupid Watergate’ so I also think we need to adopt the idea of ‘Stoopid Seven Diemnsional Chess’ . :roll_eyes::unamused:

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available