Discussion: Gingrich Defends Trump Executive Time: Churchill Napped In 'Pajamas' Every Day

1 Like

11 Likes

If you are even TRYING to equate Trump with Churchill you moronic shthead then it is WAY past time to take your meds.

28 Likes

Okay. I will judge Trump on the basis of his accomplishments.

28 Likes

Newt who?

12 Likes

Holy crap. Churchill was legendary for the amount of work he did during both wars. His nap was because he regularly worked until 3 in the morning and then got up to start again at 7 in the morning. He could be a lazy, languid lay about when he didn’t have things to do, but during a crisis he worked people 40 years his junior into the ground.

41 Likes

Gingrich toadying up to Trump to get his name in the papers.

And TPM obliges.

13 Likes

Reminds me of “the inedible hunted by the indefensible”. Netuer Gingrich has no moral or other auithority and should be erased from the commentariat. He loves he handouts from Faux News.

7 Likes

tRump’s focus? Did you really go there, Newt?

If we are going to talk about tRump’s focus, we should start with his ability to hold a coherent conversation. He can’t hold one – Christ in a Cracker, he can’t even speak a complete sentence. His focus is nearly as good as Mr Magoo’s.

23 Likes

The salamander spews and having spewed is ignored.

8 Likes

The pyjama people are boring me to pieces
Feel like I am wasting my time
They all got flannel up 'n down ‘em
A little trap-door back aroun’ ‘em
An’ some cozy little footies on their mind

8 Likes

Republicans are almost always grotesque, but none more than the disgraced Newt Gingrich who has the BALLS to compare Trump to CHURCHILL!

I CAN’T believe such chutzpah, but Newt has always been a rancid mix of shameless distortion and hypocrisy.

21 Likes

The trouble with Trump is that he doesn’t spend ENOUGH time doing nothing.

17 Likes

Every account I read starts off with the same thing–his enthusiasm and drive. You couldn’t hold him back. And there was no problem with focus or intellectual energy. You’d be challenged to name two more dissimilar people.

I read a funny crack during the campaign–someone, maybe Jim Newell, said if they shook Gingrich awake and said Trump had just proposed nationalizing the banks, Gingrich would yawn that we’re lucky to have such a bold, imaginative, innovative leader at this moment in history, and then he’d roll over and go back to sleep. They’re the two most ridiculous and shameless people in politics on the planet and they really ought to date.

24 Likes

Oh, go away.

5 Likes

Disgraced former speaker of the house who’s record speaks for itself, That’s Who!
From Wikipedia
As House Speaker, Gingrich oversaw passage by the House of welfare reform and a capital gains tax cut in 1997. Gingrich played a key role in several government shutdowns, and impeached President Clinton on a party-line vote in the House. The poor showing by Republicans in the 1998 Congressional elections, a reprimand from the House for Gingrich’s ethics violation, pressure from Republican colleagues, and revelations of an extramarital affair with a congressional employee 23 years his junior resulted in Gingrich’s resignation from the speakership on November 6, 1998.[4][5] He resigned altogether from the House on January 3, 1999.

11 Likes

The only thing Trump has in common with Churchill is his weight.

9 Likes

Seeing how this isn’t the first time that modern day American conservatives have compared Trump to Churchill (Huckabee), I’m going to enjoy the responses from Churchill’s camp, as they put Gingrich on blast.

12 Likes

Don’t disparage Mr. Magoo.

3 Likes

Really? Equating Trumpand Churchill?

Could Trump even spell Churchill?

Aside from them both being a bit chubby they have nothing in common.

Sadly, Newt knows better. But he also knows Trumps base doesn’t. So this is for their consumption. A spoonful to help their cognitive dissonance.

8 Likes