Discussion: Gene Simmons Drops Racial Slurs On-Air On Fox To Make A Point About The Redskins

Discussion for article #226097

Mike Ehrmantraut says change it. So we change it.

I believe Mr Simmons has made his point concisely and well.

19 Likes

“Drops slurs”? The guy sounded reasonable to me, and I’m no fan. Nice headline, TPM. Add it to the long list of nice ones.

20 Likes

I don’t think he “dropped” so much as “referenced” or “compared” an established and recognized slur in order to make a reasonable analogy.

BTW: words have meaning TPM, use them wisely

32 Likes

Another objectively repulsive person featured on Fox

He’ll always be an Asshole but he’s right about this.

6 Likes

Why is Gene Simmons wearing a helmet in the photo?

13 Likes

Well said Mr. Simmons, I agree with you 100%.

TPM headline writers? Embarrassing.

11 Likes

Clickbait for sure. Reeled me in too.

4 Likes

I can’t believe I agree w/ this piece of crap…but I do. Now get Ace back in the band.

3 Likes

Reading the headline, I thought Simmons went on a tirade. All he did was use a few carefully chosen “slurs” to make a point.

6 Likes

He was clearly slurbaiting.

3 Likes

“Gene Simmons Uses Racial Slurs in Cogent Argument Against Redskins” does not quite have the click bait properties TPM seems to desperately crave at times.

7 Likes

And look… the baiting made him go blind!

4 Likes

What about if I find the name “Redskins” grating, irritating, embarrassing, rude, and inappropriate? I’m a descendant of immigrants, not natives, but don’t I have say in whether or not a professional sports franchise (which is part of a recognized cartel and has federal antitrust exemptions) tarnishes the reputation of my community? Besides, many of the tribes that might object themselves were exterminated some time ago.

Dude looks like he has serious pin-eyes, even behind those welding-goggle shades.

2 Likes

Dude dropped acid one too many times…it scrambled his brain.

1 Like

Excuse me? I’m pretty sure we on the left are against flat out stating problems when the Right doesn’t want to talk about them!

Simmons “used racial slurs to make his point” just doesn’t have the TPMZ factor.

6 Likes