Discussion: Franken Isn't Satisfied With Uber's Response To Privacy Concerns

Discussion for article #231233

Uber is still a thing?

Really?

Suckers…

3 Likes

The confluence of young would be-hipsters and big-t technocrats that cheerlead Uber along with their libertarian friends will hang onto Uber’s rebuttal to this and other issues at least for awhile.OTOH, the mounting evidence that Uber is just a new greedhead toy may begin put a crimp in their actual business.

6 Likes

Here’s the reason(s) that Uber will end up being viewed more as a Ponzi racket-- as opposed to the nextbigAmazontypething:

http://fortune.com/author/sanjay-sanghoee/

jw1

5 Likes

When limitless cash is at stake lies proliferate…

2 Likes

Each additional rock that is turned over reveals more gooey slime.

3 Likes

Are they good

Or evil

3 Likes

People can still afford to take cabs?

What is it now… like $50-$60 for a trip that costs $2 on the bus or subway?

2 Likes

Privacy concerns you say, about tracking people?. That’s funny, because I am not satisfied with Al Franken’s lies about the NSA :

Liberal Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) emerged as a vocal defender of the National Security Agency on Tuesday, telling Minneapolis-based CBS affiliate WCCO that he was convinced the agency’s actions did not constitute spying.
Blockquote
“I can assure you that this isn’t about spying on the American people,” said Franken, who is a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee. “I have a high level of confidence that this is used … to protect us, and I know that it has been successful in preventing terrorism.”

Fucking LIAR.

Yeah, he’s a real liberal. More like just another sellout from the Democratic Party.

Uber delivers kittens on demand…

I’m going to have to go with… evil.
Just what do the drivers do with the kitties ‘after-their-15-minutes-are-up?’

jw1

3 Likes

♫♪ LMCBW. ♫♪

jw1

2 Likes

IKEA swedish meatballs?

1 Like

sHEeperson.

1 Like

You tell 'em, Senator.

3 Likes

Uber should be illegal. A “libertarian taxi company” makes as much sense as a libertarian-anything-else. These entitled little “libertarian” (“We take the profit if you cover the loss”) Silicon Valley shits need to be stepped on. Hard.

5 Likes

I know. Jesus would definitely be getting that whip out right now.

By single-mindedly focusing on the NSA you’re liable to miss the fact that these libertarian leaning billionaires are building tech corporations to compile your data into profiles. In fact, I can see how changing the subject to the NSA every time a question about privacy comes up would be beneficial to these corporations.

4 Likes

Ah, whatsamatta LMCBW? You hating on Democrats is like Dick Cheney lovin’ on torture,
or Billo The Clown’s ‘The tide comes in, tide goes out. No miscommunication. You can’t explain that.’

Just another example of laughable misguided truthiness. As an anti-Democratic hack, you fit right in.

2 Likes

Only railroads should be able to track people.

Evil. No doubt.