Discussion: Fox Host Slams FBI Over Flynn Lies: He 'Thought They Were Talking Among Two Buddies'

Yeah, whenever I chitchat with my friends from the FBI they first ask me if I’d like to have Don McGahn sit in on the conversation.

It may also be worth noting that Flynn’s sentencing judge may not look kindly on his recent press push to discredit the FBI. In fact, if he’s sentenced to some time, I won’t be surprised. Indeed, he deserves it more than many others.

13 Likes

That’s the first thing Obama would say.

The second thing is that Flynn was a raving nutcase.

1 Like

If you talk to FBI agents who are your friends about the weather, traffic problems, and the frig quitting in the middle of a holiday and exaggerate or lie about it, is that a crime?

2 Likes

Even worse than that, they ask questions that they already know the answers to.

4 Likes

iirc, the agents said if Flynn wanted to contact the wh counsel to attend the mtg., they would have to bring in the DoJ.

My buddies say that to me a lot.

6 Likes

The two agents who visited him were strangers.

I wrote a little bit about this previously.

8 Likes

Absolutely right on both points.

1 Like

Remember, too, that Flynn was not only a career military officer, but had been chief of the Defense Intelligence Agency. So he was no innocent about this stuff.

7 Likes

Except it’s hard to see them when you don’t (and won’t) watch Fox.

1 Like

Kind of hard to believe that Flynn is trying to play the “didn’t understand the nature of the conversation” card when it started off with mentioning a lawyer.

OF COURSE, he knew it wasn’t just to shoot the breeze.

They’re all (Flynn, Papadopolous, Manafort, Ghouliani, etc.) just trying to create a narrative to discredit everything. Sure smells like obstruction of justice…

Anyone wanna bet that Individual-1 and his cronies are behind this as well?

Is Mueller just letting him run out the rope?

11 Likes

You absolutely nailed it.

4 Likes

Yeah, um, the Deputy Director of the FBI asked Flynn if he wanted a lawyer present. What ON EARTH would make him think it was a ‘friendly’ conversation???!?!

Not to mention the excellent points Mueller raised i.e. 33year military career, former head of DIA, 3 Star General, etc. etc…:roll_eyes:

These Fux News people wear me out…

3 Likes

Did he lie? … yes

Did he have the requisite knowledge to know that he was genuinely lying? … yes

Did he lie to FBI agents? … yes

Was he lying in an effort to protect himself and/or others - or to impede an investigation? … yes

It does not matter that he may have thought that he was ‘among friends’ and that his lying would have had no consequence.

Think about it this way - you are driving down road - posted speed limit is 45MPH … you are doing 80 MPH … you see red Mustang parked in the lot of the local convenience store - on side of the road - it really really looks like your cousin Billy’s Mustang … so you don’t hesitate - continue zooming along at 80-85 … then lights and sirens come on - you get pulled over …

And the best excuse that you have is “…Oh…I didn’t even slow down because I did not think you were really a cop - thought you were my cousin Billy” ???

yeah that is an ironclad excuse

7 Likes

You know, this

gives media people way, way too much credit. They get their talking points and say them. Without thinking. No thought involved. You assume that they pay attention to politics, read and digest and care about something other than their makeup. There’s no difference between reading the weather or reading treasonous scree.

You mean like James Comey’s (R-Obama Appointee) “high standards for professional conduct” by successfully to throwing the 2016 elections to Republicans?

The FBI is a tool for the oligarchs and conservatives, and has been illegally working against progressive groups such as anti-war, civil-liberties, and civil-rights organizations for since the beginning, including under Obama.

Do you still think J. Edgar Hoover was some kind of American hero?

I think it is desperation, not stupidity. They know what they are doing.

2 Likes

4…3…2…1 “but, look how easy they were on Hillary…and she deleted millions of e-mails and got away with it”

2 Likes

What’s a little treason among friends, amirite?!

1 Like

How does he do that? How does the Lieutenant General with 33 years of military experience feel that comfortable lying?

I dunno, Bri. Probably the same way you do.

Uh, doesn’t matter if you’re “among friends”, he still lied and engaged in seriously illegal acts

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available