Discussion: Flynn Shakes Up His Legal Team After Sentencing Memo Debacle

1 Like

Does Flynn somehow believe that the Judge was pissed off by the ā€˜sentencing memoā€™ or does he recognize that the judge was actually deeply completely PISSED OFF by Flynnā€™s behavior?

31 Likes

His new counsel should immediately file with Sullivan for a dismissal of all charges, citing Barrā€™s investigation into FBI misconduct.

Iā€™m sure that would go over well with the judge.

22 Likes

The sentencing memo was last December, and here it is June. Heā€™s just now ā€œshaking upā€ his legal team?

13 Likes

Hereā€™s hoping for a little dose of LOCK HIM UP!

19 Likes

First the decision to arrest Nader, now this. And the only material change that their cases have in common is that Barr is now overseeing both prosecutions. I donā€™t like it one bit. Iā€™m not going say any more at this point, because the darkest speculations spring to mind.

26 Likes

Thereā€™s effective proton pump inhibitors for that.

(Thread)

10 Likes

Yeah, bad title, no content that actually connects the two.

4 Likes

There are no un-shaken lawyers left in the northeast United States after Donnieā€™s legal hijinksā€¦

9 Likes

Robert Kelner spared Flynn 10 years of prison. He shouldā€™ve been a co-conspirator in the Bijan Kian indictment. He was spared.

7 Likes

Something weird is going on with this case but I canā€™t put my finger on it. I will never trust Flynnā€™s duplicitous nature no matter how much he cooperated with Mueller and his team. The guy is a fucking traitor. These types donā€™t suddenly become angels or see the light. Heā€™s still a weasel to me. I think heā€™s still holding out for a tRump pardonā€¦and thereā€™s already glimmers that Dowd made that well-known to him as a possibility.

41 Likes

Pretty sure that ladder has been hauled up now.

4 Likes

Iā€™m starting to feel like a conspiracy theorist but my mind went there as well.

7 Likes

Robert Kelner gave notice to the court Thursday that Flynn has terminated him, and asked the court for permission to withdraw from the case.

Just out of curiosity, Do judges ever deny such a request?

3 Likes

Doesnā€™t matter. This is most likely a delaying tactic to prolong his case and keep him out of jail for as long as possible. Watch him now ask the judge for another 8 months so his new team can ā€œget up to speed.ā€ The legal system is slow by design to maximize billings.

11 Likes

Ya think? tRump does some weird impulsive shit even when heā€™s been advised not toā€¦so I think Flynn might still be holding out. Maybe Flynn will put up the tRump Bat Signal that heā€™s ready for him to act on his behalf.

4 Likes

Marcy Wheeler AKA EmptyWheel indicates that Flynn may be on the verge of withdrawing his guilty plea.

15 Likes

So whoā€™s paying for Flynnā€™s defense? Follow the money.

11 Likes

This should be interesting. Yup, Barrā€™s investigation is paying dividends.

Wonder what Sullivanā€™s reaction will be.

8 Likes

Jail without bail?

ETA Must be nice for Barr. Obstructing justice on behalf of Trump, Leonard Leo and the Federalist Society and Opus Dei.

Itā€™s like Ashley Madison, except for cabals.

9 Likes