Discussion: Feinstein Turned Over A Mysterious Letter About Brett Kavanaugh To The FBI

2 Likes

Too many things about Brett Kavanagh’s record, actions and behaviors seem disingenuous and suspicious.

60 Likes

From what I hear, we might be in the Clarence Thomas-and-worse end of the behavioral spectrum. Think Cosby.

53 Likes

The Intercept: “[T]he one consistent theme was that it describes an incident involving Kavanaugh and a woman while they were in high school…The woman who is the subject of the letter is now being represented by Debra Katz, a whistleblower attorney who works with #MeToo survivors.”

“You’re gonna need a bigger popper.”

64 Likes

Damn it … I just got done ----

I’ll swim back in and start some more —

51 Likes

Yeah, the guy who went all Sergeant Schultz about his time clerking for Kozinski couldn’t have any skeletons now, could he.

48 Likes

OMG—what if they knew, and told him to play ball? OMG OMG OMG nothing is impossible…

51 Likes

I would prefer that Senate Dems focus on how in the hell Kavanaugh suddenly was able to repay $200,000.00 in debt just in time to be nominated.

76 Likes

Wouldn’t be a thumbs up tRump nominee to the Supreme Court if he wasn’t some kind of perpetrator, now would he? Seems all his ‘manly’ male nominees to higher office have all been sexual perps, predators, woman beaters or generally misogynistic creeps of some kind or another. This yayhoo does seem to fit that mold. Any woman that believes she has agency over her own body can kiss that goodbye if this asshole gets on the Supreme Court. And ironically (or not) we will all be able to thank “pro-choice” phony fuck Susan Collins for this monster.

45 Likes

Wonder if this had anything to do with the sudden postponement for a week? Kavanaugh is dirty on almost every front. If the Republicans are starting to wake up to their peril in the midterms they might be rethinking this full court press on Kavanaugh…nah, they are too craven for that.

45 Likes

Pretty sure they can walk and chew gum at the same time
Geez they are trying, What are you doing???

11 Likes

I want my country back! The one where sexual predators not only go unpunished, but can be installed on the highest court in the nation.

^ That’s snark, btw.

Curious to see how this plays out. The #metoo movement only has support amongst Republicans when they can wield its power against political opponents. They will give no support to a charge against one of their own. Has the country evolved far enough since the Thomas hearings that this could sink Kavanaugh? We have a predator in the White House, but that happened before Weinstein was outed.

30 Likes

This might make him over-qualified.

12 Likes

Metoo, FBI? Not hardly some regular Me Too thing.

7 Likes

I’d love to see a Kavanaugh perp walk.

Right behind the rest of the Trump Crime Family…

16 Likes

It is especially important for them to get Kavanaugh confirmed before they lose the House and Senate in November.

That way they keep control over two branches of government.

Remember, the GOP motto (like the black knight) is “cheat to win”.

13 Likes

Hard right idealogical Repubs would probably sacrifice themselves to get a fellow traveller into a lifetime SCOTUS appointment. Kavanaugh’s impact over the next 30 years will far outweigh that of any currently sitting Repub senators. However, there are also some Repubs that want to get reelected. They are the weak links.

8 Likes

Democrats are focusing on this. There were multiple questions submitted to Kavanaugh about gambling issues and his finances - including how many gambling losses he’s claimed, if he participated in gambling addiction groups, how he incurred so much debt, etc.

38 Likes

Maybe this will delay the vote until the FBI concludes the investigation but Feinstein won’t share the contents of the letter with anyone?

5 Likes

I’m SURE that McConnell and the GOP are sweating right now. It’s a big risk to push forward with this nominee if they think that multiple scandals will emerge about Kavanaugh and his dealings. Of course, they don’t care if he’s dishonest or has engaged in questionable or illegal behavior, but the Republicans DO care about any possible blowback on the midterms.

24 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available