Discussion: Federal Judge Says Barr Stirring Concern About Mueller Report Redactions

somebody has to step up and be a patriot, and for some reason it apparently must be a republican cause it does not seem that relevant Democratic comments get any serious play in the media/ discussion of the shit show

seems to me that the real reason that this has even gotten this far is repube reluctance to do their jobs

1 Like

I’m going to go with the Bard on this, “Truth will out.”

2 Likes

I think Barr should do his redactions using yellow marker.

6 Likes
  1. That’s doubtful and you know it!

2. Assertions made before a grand jury aren’t necessarily true.

3. The whole “innocent until proven guilty” thing can be very inconvenient but that’s exactly why we have to defend it against all comers.

1 Like

There should be an independent review of Barr’s censoring, resulting in a report that must be released in whole.

3 Likes

Barr has a history…and he is living up to it and then some!

Barr seems to be gambling Nancy Pelosi is too conservative to allow Democrats to impeach Trump or prosecute Barr for pulling a John Mitchell!

1 Like

And just to distract us further, they spilled the topping on the guys selling the popcorn - "Buttery Males!"

(c’mon, somebody had to…)

3 Likes

I believe the term we’re looking for is “complete and utter lack of faith” that Barr will only redact what is absolutely necessary. I feel before this is over, we’re going to have to have a judge go through the full report line-by-line to unredact what Barr redacted inappropriately.

4 Likes

You live in a very strange place. :grinning:

2 Likes

Yup, America, 2019…:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

What gets me is the in your face process. As we are learning more about Barr, the more amazing it is that so many put some faith in him. At this point, it went south. I had a sort of okay, lets see how this plays through. But as things have gone on, it is totally cynical. Rachel right now is explaining Barr should never have been given any lee way.

6 Likes

Ya know, that is a good point. I cannot claim this place is just the usual anymore. It is a land where “Hold my beer!” is quickly becoming the national motto.

2 Likes

No, they did not.

3 Likes

There will be more wrangling but in the end the full report will come out. Republicans will take the hit, Trump will go down in infamy and Barr has been added to the list of destroyed reputations whose name will invoke disgust.

5 Likes

There’s also all the sketchy Russian connections which are pretty sketchy

THREAD: Barr's Conflicts:
Outstanding by @CrisLeeMaza on Bill Barr's financial ties to Russia-related entities:
1. Howard Lorber's Vector Group (@DonaldJTrumpJr allegedly called Lorber about Trump Tower meeting)
2. AlfaBank
3. Ochs-Ziff
4. DeutscheBank. https://t.co/sVFirhb2SB

— Jed Shugerman (@jedshug) April 16, 2019
5 Likes

So its the Article I branch and the Article III branch vs. the Unitary Executive and his merry band of idiot henchmen. We’re gonna need two forty pound bags of popcorn seed and a lot of coconut oil before these escapade is done.

Bring it on, I’ll celebrate with Mr. Jack Daniels for three days if they can move that jackass from the White House to the Big House over all of this.

1 Like

I want every Dem who voted to confirm Barr and who went on TV to say what a grand fellow he is to be named, shamed and hung by their ankles in public.

4 Likes

"THAT’S ’s something we will have to work through ". I’ll have to think about it,” Walton said, per Politico.

I’m sorry how much thinking is left to be done in a monumental case like this…can’t you do the right thing and have people see the documentation that was 2 years in the making?

4 Likes

This federal judge must act on his own intuition! I sincerely hope he’s not toying around with his concerns.

1 Like

Igor Putin, you say?

Last month’s Guardian Global Laundromat investigation mentioned this.

Investigators are still trying to identify some of the wealthy and politically influential Russians behind the operation, known as “the Global Laundromat”.

They estimate a group of about 500 people were involved. These include oligarchs, Moscow bankers, and figures working for or connected to the FSB, the successor spy agency to the KGB.

Igor Putin, the cousin of Russia’s president, Vladimir, sat on the board of a Moscow bank which held accounts involved in the fraud.

Today, they’re back with this. Amazing cast of characters.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available