Discussion: Federal Judge Says Barr Stirring Concern About Mueller Report Redactions

“The judge did not say what statements from Barr contributed to that “environment,” according to Politico.”

All of them.

13 Likes

Now I understand why Hair Furor wants to get rid of judges.

19 Likes

More than one road to full disclosure. Keep moving ahead.

22 Likes

I am sure Barr shut the investigation down too.

11 Likes

Thanks for looking that up - ‘Bush appointee’. That was my second thought. Been thinking it through … and still not sure (kinda sketchy) but this could be a BFD. Don’t follow the behavior of federal judges but this appears to be an aggressive statement, telling Barr … you better not be …

10 Likes

I brave whistleblower SHALL. Release the report for the sake of The Rule Of Law. And the Constitution. Barr is not in charge of this Countries Laws. For him to betray. Democracy for greed and power

4 Likes

So any federal judge can get a copy of the unredacted report? Who knew? This is excellent news. Barr needs to be impeached.

23 Likes

Well, it’s just one datum. There are others.

For example, Walton was asked recently to force the quick release of the SCO report but he refused to do so.

I’d say he is a careful judge, not necessarily an issuer of aggressive statements.

10 Likes

The fact that Barr was never held to account (prosecuted) for his previous crimes of obstructing justice is why we’re in this situation today. Failure to prosecute crimes only emboldens the criminals. Indeed, Obama’s failure to hold anyone in the Bush administration to account for their crimes is another contributing factor. Let’s not make this mistake again. We can and must prosecute the criminals in this administration. If we cannot do it now, it must be done under the next administration.

41 Likes

Every Federal investigator takes the same oath of office - to protect the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic. Many others have died trying to uphold that oath. Let’s hope at least one of these investigators is brave enough to just stick their neck out a bit to disclose what they know.

11 Likes

Darn right he did. Can’t wait until the Special Counsel testifies before the House Judiciary or Intelligence Committee.

20 Likes

Trump’s Exoneration! It’s like a “not guilty” verdict, but with guilt!

15 Likes

Yeah. I don’t think “exoneration” or “total exoneration” means what he think it means.

18 Likes

And so what will this Judge do if he determines the redactions undermine the full import or overall meaning of the Mueller Report? Release to Congress? Demand someone else do limited retaractions pertaining to legitimate national security concerns before releasing to the public?

In any case, I’m glad this Judge understands the public’s concerns and trusts Barr as little as most of us do.

16 Likes

With apologies to Judge Walton, this is the nose of the camel.

6 Likes

I wonder if the redacted part where Mueller said he didnt have time to complete the investigation will be released

8 Likes

“Obviously there is a real concern as to whether there is full transparency”

Earlier comments by the judge have included “It’s pretty clear that the Titanic may have experienced some flotational complications”.

I guess it’s better than nothing, but almost everyone in the Republican Boy’s Club known as Washington always sounds like they’re terrified of accusing another Republican of anything serious.

1 Like

That is wonderful news. I am so sure that nothing of consequence will be unredacted that I was planning a one week news hiatus starting Thursday. I will now at least look here to see if Judge Walton actually acts to impose his own review of the redactions.

5 Likes

The principle and policy of protecting grand jury information about people not charged with a crime are good.

I hope that isn’t lost in this madness.

2 Likes

It depends who the individusl is.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available