Discussion: Facebook Has IDed Ongoing Political Influence Campaign In Midterms

1 Like

and has removed 32 pages and accounts “involved in coordinated inauthentic behavior.”

This is like an iceberg: You can bet that there are more, lots more, than just 32.

18 Likes

These so-called “bad actors” also shared memes criticizing colonialism and sexism, and paid third parties to run ads on their behalf, according to Facebook.

Yeah we can’t have that.

4 Likes

The posts are coming from inside the (White) House…

11 Likes

“coordinated inauthentic behavior”

I wonder how long they had the PR team polishing that turd.

11 Likes

Wouldn’t this constitute a continued state of (cyber) war between the US and Russia?

7 Likes

I’ve known we were in serious trouble when upcoming generations viewed pre-ripped jeans as authentic.

11 Likes

Putin very strongly told PP it never happened. Who you gonna believe, Putin or Zuckerberg? I know, it’s a close call.

9 Likes

I was always an early adapter of all things electronic, especially anything computer related, but I never joined Facebook and I never will. I reckon I am a social media Luddite.

14 Likes

We need to shut this whole thing down until we know what’s going on.

11 Likes

Facebook ultimately has to reveal what specific information it collects and resells, who else has access to the info, and how it silos individuals (e.g. based on credit rating, race, gender, age or zip code.) It seems like a social engineering project gone wrong.

5 Likes

Do I have to choose one?

1 Like

No worries, Two Scoops saw this coming. As he’s said, we’ve all been very concerned that Russia will be fighting very hard to have an impact on the upcoming Election. Based on the fact that no President has been tougher on Russia than Two Scoops himself, they are pushing very hard for the Democrats. They definitely don’t want Trump!

1 Like

yes it would

While the previous administration had a plan for such a thing, this administration is well…different.

4 Likes

Facebook said it wasn’t clear if Russian intelligence officers were behind these efforts, but that “whoever set up these accounts went to much greater lengths to obscure their true identities than the Russian-based Internet Research Agency (IRA) has in the past.”

8 Likes

Cool story bro.

1 Like

Thx - made me laugh.

“coordinated inauthentic behavior”

Good, because everyone knows that the intertubes is supposed to be used ONLY for UNcoordinated inauthentic behavior.

And yes, unfortunately, since there appears to be liberal leaning ploys involved, Faux News is going to run around in circles screaming bloody murder about it, and Trump, who has already claimed that Russia is trying to help the Dems win the mid-terms, will claim he’s been proven right.

6 Likes

And they all seem to be originating from…how can this be? The same phone.

2 Likes

Good for you! It’s almost as if you recognized soc-med’s easy potential for exploitation and abuse. Or maybe you weren’t an exhibitionist who believed every sordid and pathetic detail of your life was of great and compelling interest to the entire world. Either way, it’s good.

3 Likes