Discussion: Extraordinary Measures Keep A Possible Mueller-Linked Case Secret

2 Likes

Has Mueller subpoenaed Trump?

9 Likes

Secret star chamber stuff!

Iā€™m surprised there hasnā€™t been more notice of this on the right wing.

5 Likes

Just saw Ms. Sneed on MSNBC talking about this. I donā€™t cheer at the TV often, but i did. Nice job getting in front of this, TPM.

15 Likes

Good job reporting about this on teevee, Tierney!

Yay!

14 Likes

Iā€™ll bet it deals with Kutchner dodging a subpoena. He has his Secret Service agents keep everyone far away from him.

4 Likes

I wonder if thatā€™s why Jared wasnā€™t named CoS.

Whatevah. Mulvaney is laughable. Just another incompetent moron.

4 Likes

trump knows how to pickum.

2 Likes

I always wondered if the FBI or Marshalā€™s Service could just ask the Secret Service to deliver a protectee to custody, and have them do so.

2 Likes

Just another reminder that we still only know a fraction of what Mueller knows.

9 Likes

Of one thing we can be sure; just like when you see one roach in your kitchen, there are 15 in the wall, Trumpā€™s known crimes are just the tiny, tiny tip of the crime-berg. Mueller may have loads of evidence of Trumpā€™s heinous crimes and Trump is totally clueless about it. We can dream, canā€™t we?

12 Likes

noticing that an appellate judge who previously worked in the Trump White House had recused himself at an early stage in the proceedings,
Full Stop
JFC How many times has any / all WH associates used ā€˜recusedā€™ then asked how the hell do I git outta here ?

5 Likes

Um, TPM staff, ask yourself what Omarosa would do with, oh, say, a spare phone that one happened to drop somewhere.

2 Likes

I just want to point out that Merrick Garland is on the DC US Appeals Court. (giggle) Then I remember that heā€™s said heā€™ll recuse himself from Trump-related cases for the obvious reasons (boo, this doesnā€™t seem fair).

3 Likes

Good question. A few months ago I read somewhere that Kutchner was building a wall between himself and anyone who could possibly subpoena him. Iā€™m probably wrong about my guess. Itā€™s something that keep I hope blows up in Kutchnerā€™s face. Iā€™d love to see all the trump kids subpoenaed.

CNN reports that Zainab Ahmad was at the court today along with Michael Dreeben. Dreeben is the appellate guy. Ahmad handles terrorism cases and had a stint on global organized crime under Loretta Lynch. Sheā€™s young and her career isnā€™t a very long one. She has been brought on for specialized expertise. That expertise is in finding witnesses, flipping witnesses, and clearing the hurdles to enable witnesses to testify on cases involving criminal enterprises. My theory is that she found a witness, an important one, and somebody or some entity is trying to prevent that witness from testifying.

I thought this was tied to a Tom Barrack-ish figure. It could be Barrack or someone in his network whom we do not yet know but who has been a witness to important events which would prove the guilt of a big name player or validate a key theory supporting the larger #trumprussia conspiracy. With Zainab on the case, Iā€™m thinking itā€™s someone like a Nastya Rybka, the Belarussian model who was Oleg Deripaskaā€™s sort of girlfriend who reportedly taped conversations that would prove his involvement in the #trumprussia matter. Alexander Navalny, Putinā€™s nemesis in Russia who has been jailed at various times by the Kremlin, reposted a video from Rybkaā€™s Instagram page showing Deripaska and Russian Deputy Prime Minister Sergey Prikhodko talking about the Russia-US relationship. Navalny suggested that Prikhodko and Deripaska served as conduits to Manafort and the Trump campaign (perhaps a ā€˜cutoutā€™ used for Trump and the Russian govā€™t to communicate with each other).

Thatā€™s just a shot in the dark, but if you think about terrorism cases and organized crime cases, there are always these seemingly ordinary folks who get swept up into something bigger and witness things that can expose how a criminal organization works.

14 Likes

Presidents have been subpoenaed before. It wouldnā€™t require this much secrecy.

I was thinking hoping Mueller might be trying to indict Trump.

2 Likes

Why would that require this much secrecy?

Zainabā€™s possible involvement makes me wonder. Sheā€™s an expert in terrorism, particularly in the middle east and speaks Arabic, Weā€™ve not heard much in this area since George Nader got immunity a year ago. Iā€™m wondering if the mystery man in this case is Erik Prince.

4 Likes

One of the darkest on the dark sideā€¦

[quote=ā€œknut, post:19, topic:82007ā€]
Eric Prince[/quote]

Letā€™s go back to 2017 . . .

April 3, 2017 | WaPo National Security

The United Arab Emirates arranged a secret meeting in January between Blackwater founder Erik Prince and a Russian close to President VladiĀ­mir Putin as part of an apparent effort to establish a back-channel line of communication between Moscow and President-elect Donald Trump, according to U.S., European and Arab officials.

The meeting took place around Jan. 11 ā€” nine days before Trumpā€™s inauguration ā€” in the Seychelles islands in the Indian Ocean, officials said. Though the full agenda remains unclear, the UAE agreed to broker the meeting in part to explore whether Russia could be persuaded to curtail its relationship with Iran, including in Syria, a Trump administration objective that would be likely to require major concessions to Moscow on U.S. sanctions.

//snip//

The Seychelles meeting came after separate private discussions in New York involving high-ranking representatives of Trump with both Moscow and the Emirates.

Continue to see others namedā€“>

Flynn
Kushner
Bannon
Kislyak
Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed al-Nahyan

======
~OGD~

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available