Discussion: Extraordinary Measures Keep A Possible Mueller-Linked Case Secret

Not without a warrant.

2 Likes

Check this outā€¦

Legal reporter for the Washington Post.

======
~OGD~

5 Likes

I do believe Butina will testify against Paul Erickson for sure. What Iā€™m interested in is if she can go beyond that and implicate the entire NRA leadership, discuss the pipeline of Russian money into the NRA, anything about coordinated activities, and perhaps any GOP politicians to whom she and Torshin had money directed.

I donā€™t think the Feds got this plea deal only to put Paul Erickson away. Heā€™s a traitor who needs to face justice, but there are much bigger fish out there and I view Butina as one of the key pieces of Putinā€™s intel operation to undermine the United States.

10 Likes

It was just a guess. Possibly breaking in to the family might want to be kept under wraps for a while. Hopefully, if itā€™s about a subpoena for the family its for Trump himself.

3 Likes

This is normal court security for sealed proceedings.

Have you ever represented someone who might be killed by a drug cartel or OC for cooperating. Do you want POLITICO or Tierney Sneed to be able to stake out the courtroom and coat rooms and sleuth out who entered a courtroom for a sealed proceeding?

What about on Child Abuse matters that are conducted in sealed courtooms, are those Real Star Chamber Stuff?

5 Likes

It was about keeping a star witness alive:

I guess we can shelve all those ā€œButinaā€™s flip is just part of Putinā€™s plan to sow chaosā€ theories right now. They are REALLY nervous about keeping her alive. She is NEVER going ā€œhomeā€, and she will need a new face and brown hair, at the minimum.

Update:
I take it back. I think we STILL donā€™t know

3 Likes

I hope she can implicate Trump and or his kids directly.

2 Likes

You can certainly see the transformation. From the cute forgien agent rubbing elbows with the NRAā€™s finest to a hardened criminal with no country.

Say what you want about this chick, sheā€™s the last person on earth youā€™d want to be right about now.

2 Likes

They gave her the hair dye back after she flipped, but in a MUCH more subdued tone. From Paris Hot Red to Amish Chastity Auburn.

2 Likes

This is normal court security for sealed proceedings.

Have you ever represented someone who might be killed by a drug cartel or OC for cooperating? Do you want POLITICO and Tierney Sneed to be able to stake out the courtroom and coatrooms and elevators and water fountains and rest rooms and gleefully inform on which attorneys who possibly represent which persons were seen in court today?

Screw subpoenas. I want arrest warrants.

2 Likes

Closing an entire floor is normal procedure?

Not a rhetorical question. It sounds a little extreme to me, but Iā€™m not a lawyer. So is that really normal procedure?

Theyā€™re coming. Worry not.

2 Likes

That is the ā€œsmoking gunā€ in my opinion. Would a Trump appointee have to recuse for anyone but Trump? Honest question.

1 Like

No! Not Tiffany!

1 Like

Hereā€™s hoping it was a deliberate mistake.

I had the thought this morning when I read somewhere that some guy on CNN pointed out that although Mueller agreed to ask Trump written questions he in no way ruled out an interview. Who else but Trump would have any colorable argument about not appearing before a GJ and would be important enough that the Court and Judicial system would engage in the kind of extraordinary secrecy that has been seen?

At first I thought maybe Pence, but Trump for sure the court would assist in not creating the kind of media crazy that would be evident if it was a hearing on Trump needing to appear before the GJ.

BTW, I too hope that Mueller will challenge the 20-y o DOJ Policy Opinion about no indictment. Hope Mueller indicts!!!

2 Likes

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/robert-mueller-interview-trump_us_5c147594e4b05d7e5d82235e

Hereā€™s the link to the story fro HuffPo on Mueller seeking to interview trump. If trump is resisting a GJ subpoena I can see the court taking these measures to keep it from becoming a media circus while the decision is made. The law is pretty clear that the President can be subpoenaed (Nixon and Clinton). But I can see the kind of effort being made would only be made to keep someone of this magnitude secret.

I donā€™t think it has to do with moving Butina ā€“ the request made under seal should have been kept secret of course but the clearing the entire building so that the identity of the lawyers and who they represent would not be done for someone like a Butina. The only one who makes ā€œsenseā€ is Trump himself.

2 Likes

Iā€™d treat this article with skepticism. Mueller doesnā€™t leak. This is coming from Team Trump. They want the opportunity to clean up the mess Trump made in his written answers. Mueller is unlikely to give it to him unless it is a prelude to a plea agreement where Trump resigns.

5 Likes

How rude! Why pick on people with facial hair and warts. They DONā€™T mean the people behind them are criminal, Please revise your thinking on this, and leave us be.
female with facial hair and warts

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available