Discussion: Ex-Congressional Aide Says Biden Grabbed Her Head, Rubbed Her Nose

Note dateline?

1 Like

“There’s absolutely a line of decency. There’s a line of respect. Crossing that line is not grandfatherly. It’s not cultural. It’s not affection. It’s sexism or misogyny.”

So, rubbing her nose was either sexist or misogynist? :confused:

Yep, he definitely should have gotten her consent to do this.

Trying to grasp the concept of nose rubbing…

Which is the offensive rub?

2 Likes

Boy somebody really doesn’t want Biden to run… all this coming out now? Why not during the height of #Metoo revelations? Some of the women have already pooh-poohed the misinterpretation of his gestures–one he was holding steady because she had slipped on the ice just before arriving for a ceremony she was to participate in.

13 Likes

I’m curious what exactly she means by rub her nose? I can’t even imagine that.

3 Likes

What will be next - ear flips, pinky, elbow or maybe licked an eye?

This is crazy

5 Likes

Yeah…nobody saw more accusations coming forward on this sort of thing happening. :smirk:

Like I said on the earlier threads…the campaign response to the first story was very weak, and basically invited more of this. Nor do I expect it to end with this one, either.

Its not that I think that Biden is a molester…its that he has a long history of not respecting women’s boundaries, and he doesn’t see a problem with it. That just isn’t going to fly in 2020 with this primary crowd.

Biden’s quote from the linked article:

“In my many years on the campaign trail and in public life, I have offered countless handshakes, hugs, expressions of affection, support and comfort. And not once - never - did I believe I acted inappropriately,” Biden said. “If it is suggested I did so, I will listen respectfully. But it was never my intention. I may not recall these moments the same way, and I may be surprised at what I hear. But we have arrived at an important time when women feel they can and should relate their experiences, and men should pay attention. And I will.”

Some serious problems in there. “Not once - never - did I believe I acted in appropriately”. That’s an older male entitled view point, and shows he isn’t getting where the MeToo world has moved to on this issue.

“If it is suggested I did so, I will listen respectfully. But it was never my intention. I may not recall these moments the same way, and I may be surprised at what I hear. But we have arrived at an important time when women feel they can and should relate their experiences, and men should pay attention. And I will.”

…except that isn’t how his campaign responded. Instead, they trotted out a Biden supporter to say “hey, I LIKE it when Joe touches me!!” That’s dismissing the concerns Flores raised, not relating to her experience.

I think this is going to be a major issue for his campaign, before he even gets out of the starting gate. Mostly because his campaign is responding horribly.

14 Likes

So…cultural appropriation?

3 Likes

The way she described it sounds like the “Eskimo kiss” type thingie.

4 Likes

The dam has burst.

2 Likes

He looked at me funny once.

13 Likes

It’s a combination of camps pushing this;

The Russian Troll Armies are working the Social Media overtime on this (in the employ of the Trump Campaign as the LAST person Trump want’s to have to face is Biden) and the “several” of the Democratic campaigns are “nudging it along” to help their candidates (I’m looking at YOU Gillibrand.)

When EVERYBODY is out to get you, what does that tell you? That you must be doing something right.

10 Likes

I’m on the fence on Biden’s behavior. Smelling someones hair and kissing their head is actually creepy. hugging a head and rubbing a nose is just friendly in an odd way.

I have to agree, crazy

3 Likes

I believe you may be correct. And if you are, the next few weeks, Joe is going to be consumed with being in a defensive crouch.

And I cannot imagine a worse position to be in when throwing a hat into the ring.

2 Likes

…through the camera - only God knows who know how many viewers he scared for life

1 Like

That would make more sense. For some reason I was picturing an Archer “boop.”

2 Likes

To paraphrase Ms. Lewinski: If. Only.

2 Likes

Trump dragged his wife by the hair and raped her. Biden gave unwelcome Eskimo kisses. Potato-potato?

2 Likes

I actually agree - it doesn’t feel 100% ok this whole thing

1 Like