Discussion: Elizabeth Warren Mocks 'Billionaire' Howard Schultz

2 Likes
39 Likes

“We have a billionaire who says he wants to jump into the race and the first issue he’s raised is ‘no new taxes on billionaires.’ Let’s see where that goes,”

Nice.

70 Likes

I’m betting Warren asked Schultz to join the race as a personal favor to help her stand out from the crowd…

4 Likes

White noise! Way too early for this drama.

2 Likes

Mocking billionaire assholes is in Warren’s sweet spot.

72 Likes

Please, no more rich business people for the presidency.

37 Likes

Elizabeth Warren would make a great president. She’s smart as hell. I guess we can gauge the level of fear in this country by the level of demonization.

51 Likes

I’m kinda ‘eh’ on Warren, but I’m enjoying the entire Democratic establishment and political Twitter ecosystem ruthlessly dunking on Howard Schultz.

Were I a little more conspiratorial, I’d suggest that he’s actually teasing all this campaign stuff just to give Democrats a bold, bright opportunity to say ‘sit down and shut the fuck up’. But I think it’s much more likely Schultz is simply an aloof, big-headed idiot surrounded by yes-men.

36 Likes

If Starbucks is boycotted, he won’t be so rich anymore…

11 Likes

Schultz’s message appears to be: “I don’t hate gays and support abortion, but billionaires shouldn’t pay taxes”. Real winning platform, no?

51 Likes

This is great stuff, if sad-sack Schultz didn’t exist he’d have to be invented as the perfect out-of-touch elitist doofus punching bag for Senator Warren.

30 Likes

Fact: Schultz would be a spoiler to lure the minority of Republicans who hate Trump, not mythical Democrats who hate the Democratic Party and love taxcuts for the rich.

It’s the same game we played with the Tea Party. The media obsessed over how terrible it was for Obama that all the people who hated him most formed groups to express their hatred of him while punishing any Republican who didn’t spit on him as much as possible. They’re fully aware that the far-left is a splinter to Democrats, but insist that the far-righties who hate Democrats the most are also splinters to Democrats for some reason.

I know “Independents” like to THINK they’re a splinter of Democrats, because they hate us so much they spend all their political energy trying to kill our party. I don’t understand why anyone else plays along.

12 Likes

Go, Elizabeth! More like this, please.

19 Likes

Another fucking businessman who thinks he has all the answers because he made himself rich.

17 Likes

What, you didn’t like Herbert Hoover or Spankee?

1 Like

8 years of Obama not living up to his whole campaign is no wonder…one of his lieutenants joins Schultz and his right wing billionaire push to keep control!

I know joe Biden is false Democrat…he is why we have Clarence Thomas on the scotus! Clinton is why we got bank fraud from his bank deregulation written by Bush I.

Warren and others are the real deal! Schultz is clearly fitting right into what Putin wants…to keep Americans under the thumbs of crooked billionaires knowing one day we will reach the tipping point and revolt!

3 Likes

Uh, yeah. As a reminder, Democrats only had two years to pass any legislation under Obama; and everything required a 60 vote super-majority that ended when Ted Kennedy died. Then we had six years of gridlock because Democrats don’t vote in mid-terms. Meanwhile, the vast majority of Democrats love Obama and know he surpassed his campaign promises.

You can attempt to rewrite history all you want, but you’re probably one of the ones who doomed the 2010 mid-terms because Obama had already failed because he couldn’t live up to the dreams you invented in your mind. You blame Obama because he wasn’t perfect, while the majority of Democrats blame people like you for demanding perfection in an imperfect world. Obama did more for liberalism than anyone alive. End of story.

58 Likes

Superb smackdown.

That guy is such a joke. At least Ross Perot had policies more substantive than “Vote for me, I’m an entrepreneur.”

18 Likes

Another old white guy discovers that nowadays the girls fight back.

40 Likes