Discussion: Donald Trump Says His Foreign Policy Will Put 'America First'

Strangely enough that was one of the snarks in that Twitter feed

The only ā€œpolicyā€ Trump has as far as foreign goes has to do with wives ā€”

6 Likes

Does that mean those soldiers - current and former - who donā€™t want to serve under Trump, arenā€™t putting ā€œAmerica firstā€?

1 Like

I doubt heā€™ll do much changing to American foreign policy. In fact he canā€™t.

Iā€™m an international Americanā€¦lived about 35 years outside of the USA. Trump is seen as a contemptuous vulgarian idiot by just about everyone I know in Europe and Latin America. Thatā€™s why Putin likes him.

It goes down like this. Americans use the term 3rd world a bunch but I havenā€™t met many that know what it means. The first world is the USA and countries in its orbit. The second Russia ( was the USSR ) and China and their followers. The thirdā€¦the ones on their own. You put Trump in the White House and youā€™ll see a movement from Central and South America in the direction of the second world. Central and South Asia the same.

America will not become firstā€¦it will become isolated and alone. If you repudiate trade agreements, bad as they are, your going to get revenge fucked by the world. Respect for American copyright is already bad but it will get a bunch worse. China and Brazil will knock off everything we have dibbs on. There is way to much to talk about here.

It aint happening. Trump canā€™t do it.

5 Likes

America first? Thats so predictable, maybe every once in a while he will put a random country first to be unpredictable.

1 Like

Kind of like 2001-2008

3 Likes

Disturbingly and predictably simplistic.

3 Likes

ā€œAmerica first will be the major and overriding theme of my administration,ā€ he said.
ā€¦
You arenā€™t elected yet Donnie.
ā€¦

Trump showed reverence for Ronald Reaganā€™s foreign policy approach in
the Cold War and said that the United Statesā€™ foreign policy has since
veered off course. He said that ā€œlogic was replaced with foolishness and
arrogance,ā€ which helped throw the Middle East ā€œinto chaos.ā€
ā€¦
Logic in the Middle Eastā€¦Ooookay. Good one. Letā€™s make it simple Donnie says.
And just when and where has Obama ever been arrogant? Bush was but Obama, not so much.

So essentially Trump has said nothing but platitudes.
Donne, can ya ā€œdo a dealā€ for peace? Based on money since the almighty buck is your standard for excellence. After all thatā€™s how you described your approach to China. ā€œI know the Chinese, I did a deal with 'em and made millions.ā€

3 Likes

I could swear, his entire teleprompter speech was a version of George Orwellā€™s 1984ā€¦only not quite so deep or thoughtful, but mere pablum with a teaspoon of Ronald Reagan sugar on top. More of the same from the bullshit artist himself.

ā€œWar is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.ā€

ā€œStrength through unity, unity through faith.ā€

tRumpā€™s jingoism seems to pass as his over-arching foreign policy. It only shows that heā€™s capable of the most empty rhetoric possible. Emotive and declarative statements of desire arenā€™t foreign policy prescriptions, no matter how you slice it. He hasnā€™t even bothered to think through any of these weighty topics to any extent. That would be like actual work heā€™s not about to actually do. So, no surprise here.

7 Likes

All he knows is TRUMP FIRST. The rest is always collateral damage.

3 Likes

He said that ā€œlogic was replaced with foolishness and arrogance,ā€ which helped throw the Middle East ā€œinto chaos.ā€

Ah NO. It was Neoconservative American Unilateral Foreign Policy practiced by the last Republican Presidency and every one before hat, that practiced the same strategy. His comments today must be sending chills through the minds of our alliesā€¦

3 Likes

Because ā€¦ā€˜In your heart, you know heā€™s Reich.ā€™

3 Likes

They say America First, but they mean America nextā€¦

2 Likes

As opposed to Obummer, who put Kenya first. And Hillary, who will put Lesbos first.

1 Like

It was kind of strange hearing an American presidential candidate declaring he wants to be Leader of the Communist World.

Trump declared that our democratic European allies were taking advantage of us but heaped loads of praise on both communist Russia and China. Whatā€™s wrong with this Republican? He doesnā€™t seem to have the kind of respect for Senato Joe McCarthy that he should.

2 Likes

Both believed in: ā€œStrength through unity, unity through faith.ā€
Both believed in: ā€œThe Cult of Me, Me, Me.ā€

3 Likes

6 Likes

Itā€™s not as if we need further proof of this manā€™s complete lack of qualifications to sit in the Oval Officeā€¦he opens his fat trap and tells us just how ignorant he is of world affairs, among other things.

1 Like

How can one take a presidential candidate seriously when he has orange skin, and raccoon eyes from the goggles at the tanning salon? The comb over is bad enough, but really, those white eyes surrounded by synthetic tan look really foolish.

7 Likes

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available