Discussion: Donald Trump Says His Foreign Policy Will Put 'America First'

Nice summary!

Imagine your crazy uncle President of the United States. That is what it would be like if we had a President Trump.

3 Likes

Repackaged bombastic rhetoric or meaningless “word salad.”

1 Like

My hero and Bob Dylan’s role model.

Ty for that.

1 Like

That was exactly my impression (and he also slurred some words and mispronounced Tanzania).

1 Like

Actually, it was the Old World (Europe), the New World (the Americas), and the Third World (the poor er undeveloped countries of Africa and Southeast Asia.

The use of “First World” or “Second World” indicates an appalling ignorance of 20th century history.

Trump said that his foreign policy strategy will replace “randomness with purpose, ideology with strategy and chaos with peace.”

Anyone got a translation for this? As far as I can tell there is zero substance here, much like the man who spoke it.

1 Like

Trump: No one likes us. I don’t know why. We may not be perfect, but heaven knows we try. And all around, even our old friends put us down. Let’s drop the big one and see what happens.

Asia’s crowded and Europe’s too old. Africa is far too hot and Canada’s too cold.
And South America stole our name. Let’s drop the big one, there’ll be no one left to blame us.

3 Likes

Oh Donny! An America Firster???

1 Like

Wut. This is just bizarre, where did you come up with it? Some Third world countries are part of the Old World and some in the New, it’s a completely different terminology.

“First/Third World” is a postwar term; Second was rarely used, but yes referred to Soviet bloc countries.

It’s history—and I am accurate in what I stated.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available