Discussion: Donald Trump Says His Foreign Policy Will Put 'America First'

1 Like

“America first will be the major and overriding theme of my administration,” he said.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America_First_Party_(2002)

and now a word from James Fallows

https://twitter.com/JamesFallows/status/725363435450540032

17 Likes

Because it starts with the letter “A”, America is often first, or right up there. If you use “United States of America”–as anyone who has ever used a drop-down menu can tell you–we’re down near Uzbekistan or Uranus or Utah or some other God-forsaken, Not-Ever-First land.

5 Likes

Man…you can sure tell that someone is writing this stuff for him.

8 Likes

Trump showed reverence for Ronald Reagan’s foreign policy approach in the Cold War and said that the United States’ foreign policy has since veered off course. He said that “logic was replaced with foolishness and arrogance,” which helped throw the Middle East "into chaos."

someone should ask him about that…as well as SDI.

12 Likes

The people Trump is depending on to elect him have no knowledge of foreign policy.

This is like a commercial saying that Trump pledged allegiance to the flag when he was in elementary school.

12 Likes

Now that’s the bold, decisive leadership you’d come to expect from someone who declared bankruptcy several times.

8 Likes

Absolutely. It was nothing more than bumper sticker clap trap that was tailor made for reality tv watchers.

EDIT TO ADD: It wasn’t a “policy” it was a series of facile slogans

9 Likes

Did he forget Benghazi ?

6 Likes

He’s got my vote.
America should be first. The regressive left and the PC college shoot-em-up are all about putting America last, but thank God and Jesus above and to the side, and down low, too slow that someone is willing to put America first.
And here we were told there would be no details in this speech…

5 Likes

First…and Last, because if his dangerous rhetoric became policy, the US would become an international pariah, isolated from the rest of the world.

8 Likes

“Trump showed reverence for Ronald Reagan’s foreign policy approach.”

Trading arms for hostages?
Illegally funding Death Squads that murdered nuns and archbishops?
Arming the mujahideen?
Almost triggering WWIII by joking over open microphones?

Should be a blast.

28 Likes

You can put pretty much anything in that blank and the answer is going to be the same: “No. None. Nada. Zilch.”

13 Likes

But you have to hand it to him. They billed this as a major policy speech, and then…AFTER they got all they networks setup to give him more free air time, they announce it won’t have any actual policy. Or even details. And the media covers every minute of it anyway.

Much like last night at his victory “speech”…he promptly turns it into a press conference, garnering roughly 20+minutes of air time compared to less than 5 minutes for Hillary or any other candidate. And the press obliges him at every turn.

16 Likes

“Trump showed reverence for Ronald Reagan’s foreign policy approach.”

Trump:
"I will adapt it for today’s climate, though, instead of ‘Tear Down That Wall’ we have ‘Put Up That Wall’ "

4 Likes

He sounded like he was on lithium reading from the prompter

3 Likes

and of course the whole mess in the world happened because of Hillary and the fact that she’s a she.

4 Likes

Dubya: This policy helped me a great deal. If the world doesn’t agree, we will invade.

5 Likes

What will Chuck Todd think so I’ll know what to think…

2 Likes

Donald Trump HATES AMERICA. GET OUT of our country TRUMP.

Donald is UNAMERICAN, GET OUT DONALD.

I HATE AMERICA!!!

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available