Discussion: Discouraged And Angry Supporters Keep Trump Leading In The Polls

Discussion for article #240181

Shorter version of article:

Cranky old white people ginned up by Fox News are enamored of Trump.

Not surprisingly, all but two of the people lauding trump and quoted in the article, and I don’t think I missed any, are over fifty[1], with an average age of 55.2.

[1]Two guys who’s ages were given as “49” and “40” respectively.

16 Likes

Logical end-game of creating an entire demographic who believe in paranoid fantasies.

10 Likes

He’s a real life Bart Simpson. Bart is forever trying to bluff his way through Mrs Krabapple’s class and bluff his way through assignments and pranking adults with crank calls-- and everyone loves Bart for it just like they do Trump. But in the TV show Bart never really gets away with it.

2 Likes

You know their motto- STUPID 'R US!

1 Like

I am just glad that John Bush the Acronymn’s low energy campaign is going down the toilet where it belongs. I hope Trump trounces both John Bush the Acronym and Scott Walker Bush, David and Goliath Koch’s water boy, on his way to the nomination.

6 Likes

I’ve been saying from day one: George Wallace, Huey Long, Barry Goldwater.
Same psychology. And, to be fair, so much anger is understandable and justified with our do-nothing, saboteur Congress.
So much to do: Repair the infrastructure, pay off student loans, get some decent wages.
But not even a hint of any of this happening soon.

8 Likes

KEEP IN MIND TRUMP IS A COWARDLY DRAFT DODGER! h’'S NOT ONLY ONE,- - CHENEY, BUSH WOLFOWITIZ And MANY NEO CONS!!!

3 Likes

Would seem those who are “discouraged and angry” have outsourced their policy ideas to anyone who gives voice to anything that is “discouraged and angry” but totally lacking in specificity.

2 Likes

“I’m Bart Simpson, who the hell are you?”

Yeah, The Donald could say that. And of course, “Eat My Shorts”.

2 Likes

If a draft deferment produced another physician, surgeon dentist, artist, well that’s good for society.

These guys, however, just went on to be actors in the Endless War Society envisioned by Orwell.

Worse, they profited from endless war. Still do. Merchants of Death indeed.

They’re headed for the 9th Ring of the Inferno.

7 Likes

But Trump knows how to “cut a deal” with people like Putin, don’t ya know?

How dumb can one be?

6 Likes

With as much slobbering as the press is doing over Trump, I hope they’re wearing bibs.

7 Likes

Ummm, let’s not forget that he has the support of the racist base of the GOP.

Why glorify this?

5 Likes

“By the standard that voters typically use to judge presidential
candidates, Trump probably should not have survived his first day in the
2016 race.”

But this cycle logic clearly does not apply. By typical standards none of the GOP candidates should have survived as a viable choice the 1st day or 2 after their announcements. Something other than just discouraged and angry GOPers is at work here. It’s like the usual GOP voter/poll responder is on drugs and it’s bleeding into every nook and cranny of our politics. It’s like the Tea Party dissolved and metastasized and morphed into tumors all over our body politic irrespective of party.

11 Likes

In the days before science finally established that the Earth was round and revolved around the Sun, there was much debate on the topic. The flat-earthers were insistent that their views were correct, and that scientists making these wild claims were the bane of society. Some of these knuckleheads still hold to their views, and piggy-back on the popularity of idiots who reject science and act like they’ve got it all figured out. These people are now Trump enthusiasts, and, like the flat-earthers, they too will fall by the wayside as facts become impossible to ignore.

2 Likes

I’m amazed (but not really) by the dupes that think Donald is not at all trying to say what they want to hear. Of course he is - it’s all dog whistles. He’s probably surprised by just how many racist, low-information and plain stupid people are out there responding to the temperament of his message rather than it’s substance, but still…

5 Likes

“By the standard that voters typically use to judge presidential candidates, Trump probably should not have survived his first day in the 2016 race.”

I am not at all persuaded that standards were ever that high. Reagan got away with murder on the campaign trail in '80. Constantly exaggerating stats relating to welfare, government spending and increasing his inflation of these numbers stop after stop as applause grew louder. He was never called on it.

11 Likes

The Donald is simply giving a clear and jarring face to Napoleon’s immortal words…

http://www.noquarterusa.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/trump-napoleon.jpg

Vive stupide Donald Trump et peut-il ĂŞtre la mort du Parti RĂ©publicain!

4 Likes

A large number of Republicans favor the loud, obnoxious celebrity candidate who bullies minorities unapologetically? Not surprising in retrospect…and probably shouldn’t have been surprising at all.

3 Likes