Discussion: Dems Warn Trump Against $8.6 Billion Wall Request: 'We Hope He Learned His Lesson'

Trump will never learn any lessons. This is one of the effects of his NPD - his failures are always the fault of someone else.

39 Likes

The same thing will repeat itself if he tries this again,” the statement continued. “We hope he learned his lesson.”

lol play it again nancy and throw in a little chuck while you are at it.
He will try again, he has to so his ego will stop hounding him.

17 Likes

I don’t know if he did learn anything. I am sure in his head he thought he came out looking great.

15 Likes

I’ve known addicts like this. You look at their choices and wonder why they engage in the same self destructive behaviors again and again. Then you realize that those behaviors somehow feed their addiction, and that’s all the explanation you need to understand them. trump’s addiction is more unusual than drugs, but the pattern is the same.

44 Likes

Dems Warn Trump Against $8.6 Billion Wall Request: ‘We Hope He Learned His Lesson’

This is optimistic. There is ample evidence to suggest that Trump is incapable of learning. He certainly has not learned anything about the impossibility of building his wall.

24 Likes

Can someone look up that definition of insanity aphorism for me?

12 Likes

The willfully ignorant are incapable of learning, esp. as they don’t see their actions as mistakes.

6 Likes

The only lessons Shithead has ever learned either fed his wallet or his ego. Nothing else matters to him.

17 Likes

His repeated bankruptcies would indicate that even those lessons don’t really sink in. Given what he started with, he should be far wealthier than he is.

19 Likes

Well, they keep claiming that transcript which shows an “F” in finance is fake…

But he hasn’t released any transcripts which indicate any higher grade…

15 Likes

More addictive than opioids, apparently…

At least for Dotard.

10 Likes

Actually, he still seems to think that he is winning. When has he ever learned any lesson of substance? (In particular, when has he learned a lesson with negative implications for him?)

9 Likes

It’s comical to watch him deal with things like the trade deficit. The only financial model he understands is the one in which he tries to stiff someone who’s supplying carpeting for one of his buildings. Once the Chinese figured that out, and realized that they could bamboozle him, they must have laughed their asses off.

31 Likes

It would be comical if the consequences weren’t so dire.

14 Likes

He won’t. And you know What Einstein said, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”.

But then I guess we have always known this about Trump.

9 Likes

After the record-breaking shutdown ended in January, White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney said in an interview that “yeah,” Trump would be willing to shut down the government again over his demands for border wall funding.

Then do it again, Trump. Stick it to all those democrats and Coast Guard workers and contractors - thousands of people.

No, really. It’ll work this time.

24 Likes

PP’s been diagnosed albeit at a distance with Malignant Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Mygod, his behavior runs counter to accepted norms and he shouldn’t ever have been elected simply because of this. Throw in corruption with NY gangsters, racking up debts and not paying off contractors he hired, his well documented sexual proclivities (to be polite), his bigotry against people of color, on and on and. He’s a sick SOB and all we can is hope his worst impulses can be held in check till he’s removed or loses.

33 Likes

Is Stephen Miller getting grayer? Where’s Bannon these days?

Who’s driving this policy?

9 Likes

The A to Z of this demand for wall money is public relations. Trump will continue to grandstand and make trouble on this issue all the way to November 2020. It’s an iconic issue for him. The more confrontation it generates with Congressional Dems, the happier he’ll be. My advice to Dems is to say: “The Republicans are crashing the economy again. Fix the economy and we can talk about the wall.” Tie his every pronouncement to his train wreck economics.

32 Likes