Discussion: Dems: Thanks Ted Cruz And Mike Lee For The Extra Help Confirming Nominees

Discussion for article #231171

Cruz is an clown.

3 Likes

Man, oh man, Dems … take advantage of this and push through every nominee possible, particularly judicial.

We will not be able to get anyone through who is to the left of Bork through once the Teahadists take control.

16 Likes

Republicans screwing themselves is always a sight to behold and enjoy.

9 Likes

Really? Wait two years and if there is a Republican President, watch as ALL of his or her nominees are approved with 51 votes. Payback is going to be fun.

Horseshit beej! If is the operative word here.

Cruz has jumped the shark on this one, let’s reap all the benefit we can and fill all the vacancies we can.

17 Likes

Too bad Dems spend more time in petty bullshit like this instead of stripping out the Wall St. giveaway. What dipshits.

7 Likes

Republican scumbags were always going to reform the filibuster if the Dems ever tried to abuse it like the Repukes did. They would have set a land speed record moving to reform it.

1 Like

…but his TED-o-philes love him.

1 Like

“when Democrats may not have wanted to stick around to vote.”

Seriously? Democrats, about to lose control of the Senate, couldn’t bother to be around for a vote next week?

SERIOUSLY?

Thanks, Ted Cruz: you’re helping Obama when the Democrats in the Senate clearly couldn’t be counted to do so.

What a clown car Washington is.

5 Likes

Let’s fill all the vacancies, yes–too bad Democrats seemed kinda reluctant to stick around to do so. Until Cruz made it easier. Jeepers.

3 Likes

**Law of unintended consequences! **
Ol’ Cubanadian’ Cruz shouts: “Stop…or I’ll shoot!”

bwwahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

5 Likes

If there is a Republican President, SCOTUS gets krazier and we’re back to 1929.

I don’t think Cruz gives a crap about the agendas of the RNC, or Boehner or McConnell, or of anyone’s other than his own cracked pottery and whatever he and Lee gamed out under their Big Blankie in Fort Liberty Sponsored By The Federalist Society.

2 Likes

Cruz missile just being the useful idjit he is.

So many iffy ifs, so little time.
Keep dreaming, FAUX is awaiting on you little feller.

1 Like

Well…in the case of Sen. Cruz, we know we’re not dealing with a MENSA.

A one person wrecking crew.

2 Likes

Now Cruz only owes the nation back 24.99 billion American dollars. He gets a little credit against his massive debit.

You gotta believe that McConnell and Boener secretly love this guy.

2 Likes

I guess I really don’t know how the Senate really works. For the last 18 months or so the Dems controlled the Senate with new filibuster rules and could have approved all Obama nominees. Why did it take a last minute lame duck gift from Ted Cruz and Mike Lee to get this accomplished?

2 Likes