Discussion: Democrats Take Cautious Victory Lap After Rolling Trump On Short-Term Debt Deal

4 Likes

Jesus fucking christ. Do these people know nothing about Trump? Or are they deliberately trying to sabotage the big, if somewhat opaque, win they just supposedly got?

He’s a serial breacher of agreements. And there’s no better way to get him to do it than to smirk about having gotten one over on him unless, by all obvious and objective measures, he screwed you over six ways from Sunday like you were Merv Griffin or one of his creditors.

26 Likes

The whole Trump klan used to be registered as Democratic voters. Hate radio is going bananas.

16 Likes

Did he sign anything? What’s to stop him from immediately changing his mind? I don’t understand this whole damn thing …

12 Likes

Trump loves chaos. a 3 month extension is chaos.

22 Likes

For goodness’ sake, old bean, he’s the President of the United States! Presidents don’t breach agreements with members of Congress! Not done, not done. Unthinkable.

12 Likes

Plus he can count the disaster relief as a win. His grasp of strategery is breathtaking.

6 Likes

To paraphrase Churchill: “Trump is chaos, wrapped in madness, inside an enema.”

He’s a fecal Turducken.

36 Likes

I love this. Schumer played this like a genius and played him like a genius. hahahahahahahaha

14 Likes

Actually, a duck is a fecal turducken, no?

2 Likes

I am showing my quaint old-fashioned ways - silly me!

1 Like

They should have tied raising the debt ceiling limit to single-payer health insurance and a lunch of pizza burgers. Trump would have tucked a napkin into his collar and clicked his pen.

19 Likes

Served with only the finest Trump water, bien sur… . And THREE scoops for climate change agreement.

2 Likes

I think that is only the case if the Turkey was force fed the Duck foie gras style before being slaughtered.

4 Likes

Is it possible Trump didn’t get rolled? Maybe he really doesn’t want to face the fallout of DACA ending in 6 months, and was schooled by someone that he needed the Democrats to save it. If that’s the case, he had to give the Dems some leverage inside of 6 months. Why would Ryan waive the Hastert rule to save DACA unless he had to?

Maybe that’s giving this administration too much credit, but it seems like something’s going on. Maybe this was even engineered with McConnell and Ryan as a ploy to neutralize the Freedom Caucus? They’re definitely navigating treacherous waters here.

12 Likes

Idiots like Ben Sasse, who honestly didn’t seem to be strong idiot material a few months ago, see this and immediately think: “Now the Democrats own Trump!” In your dreams, doofus.

4 Likes

After my visit to the JMM kingdom, I’m off to the WAPO to read from the venerable jabroni pahlooka Bumpkins in the comments section how the big bad Democrats beat up and stole the lunch money of "Little Debby " McConnell and Ayn Ryan, even though THEY HAVE ALL THE POWER!

Talk about how disorganized the Dems are all you want, but they have solidly unified amongst themselves.

This is nothing short of that smell…that Democratic Party gasoline smell…it smells like VICTORY.

PS Fuck the fucking freedom caucus. They didn’t even make it into the room where the big boys and girls made the deal.

13 Likes

Trump screws over everybody - this should not be a surprise to the GOP or anyone. It is who he is

6 Likes

Yes they have and yes it does smell just like Victory!

5 Likes

Yeah, I was making a turd joke, but it didn’t work.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available