Discussion: Dem Rep.: The Media Should Stop Consulting John McCain On Iraq

Discussion for article #223999

He throws bigger and more regular cocktail parties than you do, its as simple as that.

McCain has been wooing producers of news talk shows for decades. They say the most dangerous place in D.C. is between McCain and a camera.

26 Likes

They should, but they won’t. Seriously has been McCain been right about anything when it comes to foreign policy and foreign engagements?

10 Likes

"“Why does the news media go to John McCain to ask him any time there’s anything happening because you know he’s going to be, ‘go to war, send troops,’” he added. “It just doesn’t make sense.”

Maybe Congressman the media suffers from “flea in the jar syndrome”.

1 Like

never happen… the magpies love them some st johnny… besides, it’s summertime and they want those invitations to that sweet rustic vacation home with the tire swing where they can all gather and listen to st johnny’s stories about how awesome he is.

8 Likes

actually i think that remark was about chuck schumer… st johnny doesn’t have to worry about setting up teevee appearances. he’s got all the producers on speed dial and lets them know when/where he’ll be… and they come running.

2 Likes

“Why does the news media go to John McCain … It just doesn’t make sense.”

No disrespect intended, Rep. Meeks, but if you think that doesn’t make sense, you’re naive about the purpose of the media in today’s society.

8 Likes

Amen! I want to send him $10.00 just for saying that.

12 Likes

What some folks are apparently seeing for the first time is that Saddam rulled with an iron fist for a reason, not just because he was an asshole. Religiously motivated, power hungry people can be quite hard headed.

16 Likes

senate select comm to investigate bushs iraqi behavior

side by side

dems-iraq

rethugs-benghazi

2 Likes

Yet another template headline: “The Media Should Stop Consulting John McCain On ___________”. Just fill in the blank with any topic and your headline has legs. McCain doesn’t have anything to say other than that he’ll never forgive Obama for handing him his ass on a platter. It’s just that he has an infinite variety of ways of saying it.

11 Likes

Granted that McCain’s counsel is worth less than nothing. But it will all be worth it when we get to hear him say “We are all Shiites now.”

13 Likes

Being a sore loser does not constitute a foreign policy strategy.

10 Likes

FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT!!!

(sorry for the caps but I am truly screaming here)

I am also glad Hayes asked if Meeks has been asked to do interviews considering he was one who voted no. Seems the “liberal” media is also at fault here as well, but they aren’t being called to the carpet for their part in lining up the past losers for interviews. It’s very very odd how much they are in collusion with the GOp in their quest to malign the president and criticize ANYthing he does.

10 Likes

+100 for the avatar… :stuck_out_tongue:

Better than DitchWeed

1 Like

“Religiously motivated, power hungry people can be quite hard headed.”

not that we see any of that around here

1 Like

I’m glad some finally spoke the truth out about McCain and being on tv so much, even though he’s been so wrong. When was the last time John McCain rushed in front of a news camera to denounce a school shooting or offered up a solution to that crisis?

9 Likes

But here they is ‘Witnessin fer KKKhrist’…

1 Like

Good point.

6 Likes

Substitute “Anything” for “Iraq” and we’ve got an agreement.

[quote] "Thank God the American people were smart enough not to elect him President of the United States.” [/quote] I spoke to God this morning. She says “You’re welcome!”

Iraq falling into civil war and imploding. You could have predicted this??

BTW Republicans: YOU built that!! YOU own it 100%. YOU should be so proud.

6 Likes