Discussion: Dem Rep.: Attack On Press Is 'Something That You Hear Tin-Pot Dictators Say'

2 Likes

1 Like

Understandably, Harward’s last minute replacement on This Week, Rand Paul, did little more than warm a chair seat.

When the D-word breaks out to this level of usage, the I-word can’t be far behind.

Not to mention the T-word.

8 Likes

I like Schiff a lot, and I’m glad he’s getting some spotlight. I liked Anthony Wiener, too, so I hope Schiff isn’t sending pics of his junk around.

4 Likes

“This is not America. . . . What we are confronting now is a new war of ideas . . . . It is between authoritarianism, and democracy and representative government.”

Rep. Adam Schiff

9 Likes
"It’s not something you’ve ever heard a president of the
     United States say."

No one has ever seen a First Lady’s nipples displayed proudly either …

or…or…or… where to even start —

12 Likes

10 Likes

When i was a boy they were “tinhorn” dictators.

Like when Ronald Reagan said we shouldn’t give the Panama Canal to a “tinhorn dictator” before he rolled over and gave the canal to the tinhorn dictator.

2 Likes

"This is something that you hear tin-pot dictators say.”

Yup.

13 Likes

Defense Secretary Mattis disagrees with Trump, says he does not see media as the enemy

. . . It’s a stark contrast to Trump, and the message sent by White House chief of staff Reince Priebus. In an interview with CBS’s “Face the Nation” on Sunday, Priebus said reporters should take Trump’s comments about the press “seriously.”

Mattis, asked directly about Trump’s criticism of the media, said he has had “some rather contentious times with the press” but considers the institution “a constituency that we deal with.” The defense secretary added: “I don’t have any issues with the press myself.”

www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/02/19/defense-secretary-mattis-disagrees-with-trump-says-he-does-not-see-media-as-the-enemy/?utm_term=.62ca5712b3db

9 Likes

I missed him or her if there was any current GOP elected official in DC who came out and criticized PeePee on camera just like Schiff did.

3 Likes

His days are numbered.

2 Likes

Just wait until he replaces Old Glory.

I couldn’t find one with oranges on the flag so bananas will have to do.

6 Likes

Schiff and McCain seem to be on the same page with the “dictator” talk. More and more interesting.

Please keep it up Mr. Schiff. You have been an eloquent and persistent critic from the very start of this nightmare, and we need you to continue.

9 Likes

5 Likes

At this point, if I were buying a membership to Mar-a-Lago, I’d make sure I could cancel and get my money back at any time.

Wonder if you can buy a daily or weekly membership.

2 Likes

This speech in honor of Danial Pearle by Bret Stephens is a must read IMHO. Be warned that some disturbing imagery is called up such as in this paragraph:

“Shameless rhetoric will always find a receptive audience with shameless
people. Donald Trump’s was the greatest political strip-tease act in
U.S. political history: the dirtier he got, the more skin he showed, the
more his core supporters liked it.”

Also be warned that Stephens is a conservative so you may not agree with everything he says.

6 Likes

clearly the attack on the press and so many other american institutions is the plan for the tRUmp admin.

attacking the attackers is something that is being planned for and unfortunately being mitigated with some level of success, it appears that the stench of outrageousness is something that the admin is seeking out, and have a certain level of comfort with

so as a counterattack, perhaps staining the entire repube party with tRUmp’s shit should be the focus of the dems

repubes are clearly comfortable with…

make em own it or disown it, make them accept tRUmp’s frame or say the man is off his nut, but don’t identify it as tRUmp, or preibus, or bannon, identifiy it as the republican course that they want to take america on

rupubes want want insurance premiums to go up, repubes have no issue with russians in the white house, repubes don’t believe in climate change, stain each and everyone of them by referring to them as a whole and not individuals, put the whole party on the defensive, everytime one individual says something lame, make the whole party own it

5 Likes

@robcat2075–Whether Fool or Tool, St. Ronnie was an epic disaster.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available