Discussion: David Duke Praises Trump For Remarks Defending Pro-Confederate Protesters

I agree, notwithstanding that Mike Pence as a President would be a difficult time; the present circumstances are an abomination.

1 Like

If Pence escapes Mueller and his investigation to take Trump’s place, that’s all he’ll be - a place holder.

He will be toothless.

1 Like

Rick Wilson:

"Apparently I just missed the presser where Trump became Presidency of the Confederacy. "

Great twitter thread at Joy Reid:

https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid

2 Likes

“I remember all of those warm, wonderful children’s stories my mother would read to be before I went beddy-bye”, said Donald Trump wistfully. “Classics like:
‘The Velveteen Nazi’
‘See Adolf Run’
‘Alice’s Adventures in Berchtesgaden’
‘The Lion, The Witch, and the Luftwaffe’
‘The Bobbsey Twins Go To Treblinka’
Misty, water-colored memories,” he sighed, as he thought of new ways to offend the minds of the world.

1 Like

Democratic leaders say Donald Trump’s inflammatory press conference Tuesday makes the choice clear: The president either sympathizes with Nazis, or he views them as part of his political base.

“What he said today is clearly what he really believes, and that’s just disgusting,” said Jason Kander, a former Senate candidate and rising star in the Democratic Party. “The president is either a white supremacist or a coward afraid of disappointing white supremacists.”

“Either way, he is a disgrace.”

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article167373822.html#storylink=cpy

4 Likes

Which would be fine, but beside the point, I think. Trump is a combination of evil and idiocy the damage from which will damage us exponentially. Removing that danger is the first order mission. The troubles to come will be what they will be.

You know, in hindsight, this meltdown was foreseeable. We know Trump will never, ever accept responsibility or admit to being wrong. So I was thinking he was going to find a scapegoat to throw under the bus. But, evidently, that wasn’t possible so he had to double and triple down on his abhorrent remarks from Saturday.

I find it hard to believe he recovers from this.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s fine = I was responding to the idea that Pence is a sorry 2d choice which is true, I was just pointing out that he wouldn’t do much because he wouldn’t be able to.

I’m fine with Pence replacing Trump.

2 Likes

As Trump talked, his aides on the sidelines of the lobby stood in silence. Chief of staff John Kelly crossed his arms and stared down at his shoes, barely glancing at the president. Press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders looked around the room trying to make eye contact with other senior aides. One young staffer stood with her mouth agape.

Exactly. He thinks he’s got real potential to get elected in 2020. He’ll be a placeholder for a country that’s quickly tearing itself apart and reconfiguring something different in it’s place. His calls for “unity” will be laughable and absurd.

1 Like
3 Likes

I wonder what the military thinks about a “president” who calls people who are Antifa(scist) leftist terrorists. Pretty much condemns the US involvement in the ETO during WW II.

2 Likes

When Trump calls the media"fake news", how I wish they’d respond by calling him Mr. Fake President. Because that’s actually true. He’s lacks the moral stature, the empathy or humanity to be called President.

1 Like

You pretty much read my mind as to what I was going to add onto my last comment.

I have NO DOUBT that Kelly, McMaster and Mattis are discussing “matters” with Yertle and Ryan right now… Because there won’t be a military coup in America but I’m sure the generals know that things are spiraling out of control.

4 Likes

Ryan finally released a statement and condemned bigotry - and what took him so long?

God I really want to believe that this is what is going on. I really do. From your keyboard to the screens of the dogs.

6 Likes

Are we really shocked by this?

Trump just equated George Washington with traitorous “generals” who took up arms and lead a rebellion to defend chattel slavery and blamed the victims of Nazi’s running over American citizens.

2 Likes

It has become a sick shadow play.

Trump needs to be removed from office.

2 Likes

Damn. How did you manage to rate a response? :wink:

3 Likes

I would not say in "hindsight: at all. Yes, for most of us this meltdown was entirely foreseeable. The only question was when, and frankly I think we are going to see this train wreck getting worse.

There are a number of stories about when Nixon started drinking heavily during the Watergate hearings and John Schlesinger, his Secretary of Defense set up to isolate Nixon from the nuclear “football,” the launch codes. True, this is a kind of treason, but I think General Kelly needs to consider it. . . . At least until some positive steps are taken to remove this maniac from the White House.

2 Likes

Trump may agree to condemn “evil” neo-Nazis and white supremacists via scripted speech read on a teleprompter, but he strongly identifies with their beliefs and objectives, and therefore he feels compelled to defend their actions in his impromptu, heartfelt public remarks.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available