Discussion: Conway Falsely Says 'Congress Has To Act' To End Family Separation Crisis At Border

@becca656 This could be the only response an interviewer of any trumpite needs.

7 Likes

But enough about her best qualities . . . .

4 Likes

Harry G. Frankfurt.

2 Likes

This is how the media should deal with the lies:

5 Likes

A large percentage of Americans apparently subscribe to the idea that being born in a country where life is daily desperation and you have no chance of helping yourself or your family is a criminal act in and of itself.

3 Likes

Except that nobody believes a word she says to begin with. It really doesn’t matter that much.

5 Likes

There is indeed a difference between lying and bullshiting, and the latter oftens happens when the speaker is clueless which DJT is. He knows nothing, he reads nothing, but however it happens he’s got the art of the patter down to a science.

2 Likes

You know, that’s the thing. Guaranteed she (and any other from that shithole White House) will lie. And shamelessly, blatantly, and repeatedly lie. That’s known. If you still invite those unabashed liars to your show, at least prepare to handle them. As long as what they offer for that role is folks like Toad, the answer, in my mind, is stop inviting those liars altogether.

3 Likes

Um, no. She wasn’t faking her disgust when she wouldn’t hold his hand.

Why have the statement made through her spokeswoman? Why not appear on camera and stand by her little man and lie for him?

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that she likes both Obamas. It was good for her to see how well and respectfully women can be treated. She certainly isn’t.

2 Likes

It’s against their religion.

“lacking strength of character”

1 Like

then she deserves to get dragged again.

once again, here’s Tapper.

7 Likes

He’s done it all his life. First protected by his father’s money and later as a delusional sociopath with an impenetrable thick skin who’s totally unfazed by being caught bullshitting.

5 Likes

Ooooo. Forgot about that incident. Thanks for the reminder.

His mother needs to come to DC and drag him back to CA by his ear.

4 Likes

yw

1 Like

Assuming he is not pardoned by President Pence to “aid in our national healing” I would like to see Trump confined to the facilities he has put these children in.

3 Likes

Thanks for this reminder. Tapper gets too much undeserved criticism heaped on him and we can only guess at why.

6 Likes

Just listened to Stelter’s podcast with Lakoff on this:

Less than a half-hour and really worth the time, for “truth sandwich” and the broader, essential discussion.

2 Likes

Everyone analyzes his gibberish to see why it’s working. It’s only working on a very small number of Americans.

5 Likes

I worked in foster care for a time. The main priorities were the children’s safety, family reunification and permanency for the child as soon as is reasonable. Keeping siblings placed together was also a very high priority. Only the first of those goals appears to be of any concern to HHS. I saw the trauma and stress of separation that these kids are going through. It doesn’t look like they are getting any of the attention, support and services that would otherwise be legally required if they were traditional foster kids. They are most definitely not receiving these things while they are housed in these large centers.

I’d like to know what is happening when they farm these kids out to foster homes or sponsors(?). Are these homes licensed by their respective states (background checks, regular inspections)? Do the kids have caseworkers that will see them regularly? Where are these caseworkers coming from? Non-profits and state agencies are already understaffed and will have to prioritize kids that have open family court cases. Inattention will invite abuse and neglect on top of their current suffering.

These kids are going through hell. Inexcusable and deliberate harm that will scar them permanently. All because Trump wants to use them as leverage. This is simply evil and I don’t use that word lightly.

I am heartened, however, by the very large number of religious groups that have come out against this and I expect that pressure to continue and grow. I bet there were a lot of sermons this morning that focused on what is going on. The pulpit can be very effective in motivating people to action. This evil will not be allowed to continue. We will put an end to this.

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available