Discussion: Congressman Whose Amendment Ended Federal Gun Research: “I Have Regrets”

Discussion for article #241445

1 Like

Regrets,eh? Well then, I’m sure thousands of gun violence victims say they forgive you.

24 Likes

What would be the point? The GOP doesn’t believe in “facts” or “research” anyway.

13 Likes

Strange thing about the human mind - not every idea that passes through it is a good one. Tell us Congressman, why was this so important to you. Perhaps you weren’t thinking at all but someone else was whispering in your wallet.

27 Likes

Mortality has a way of making some people see the truth.

7 Likes

Too late, dude. Your epitath is already written.

8 Likes

If they could only speak.

7 Likes

Hey turd, you know who else had regrets? Hitler.

Regerts of the day…

2 Likes

And yet, we don’t see him lobbying congress to change anything, do we? I’m guessing his funds have run low and he’s hoping someone will pay him to lobby for this, knowing he has no chance of succeeding. *&^%$#@

6 Likes

That’s what happens when your a gigantic wuss. Regrets.

There should be a way to separate advocacy of gun control (not a bad thing, surely) from research on effects of guns. So this language shouldn’t “end gun research” by its lonesome.

“None of the funds made available for injury prevention and control at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention may be used to advocate or promote gun control.”

2 Likes

Both subjects can’t be and shouldn’t be separated.

2 Likes

Well, the honorable thing to do would be to commit hari-kari!

1 Like

Come on, be serious. The NRA and its allies presume ANY research is advocacy.

5 Likes

I wonder if he voted for the sunset provision in the Assault Weapons Ban? If so, does he have regrets for that too?

2 Likes

Dickey must be tired of not being able to open doors because all the blood on his hands makes the knobs slippery.

6 Likes

What a selfish selfish human. His only reason for advocating for this piece of crap legislation is because some fancy dressed, silk tied, expensive shoed scum ball NRA (National Repository for the Asinine) lobbyist came into his congressional office and said…“Write this piece of legislation or we are going to tear you apart limb from limb and you will no longer be a congresscritter”…and the brave congressman said…“How high do you want me to jump sir”? And now he has regrets??? FU FU FU FU FU!!!

Yeah, I’m imagining his interview with his hands dripping blood.

I’m also imagining current Republican Congrescritters sitting in their lawn chairs, looking out at the ocean 30 years from now from their house in the Appalachian mountains, regretting all the climate change denial in their foolish youth. If we only would have known…

2 Likes

You can add every Repug in Congress to the list who can’t do that.

1 Like