Discussion: Congressional Democrats Are Crushing The GOP In 2018 Midterm Fundraising

Well then those who support Bernie are totally out of it. We have a two party system. Bernie is not in one of them. So the question is: Do Bernie folks want to beat the repubs or the Dems?

5 Likes

The republican party is wildly successful- in carrying out the goals of their real constituents by acting as governmental saboteurs.

Bernie doesn’t scare me at all. He just needs to join the Dem Party. If you don’t get it, you don’t know how our elections and government works. Why not?

4 Likes

Your binary thinking is wrong. Unfortunately it represents the only thought of the Democratic leadership, that people MUST vote for them by default.

They would do better to vocalize policies to engage the progressive voter rather than threatening them.

3 Likes

Oh please. Focus on beating the crap out of the repubs. I just don’t get folks who keep fighting the fight in the Dem Party. The repubs are laughing at folks like this.

7 Likes

Yes, they are. You should try using them in your comments some time.

You see nothing but the interior of your sigmoid colon.

Posturing left-wing poseurs never scare me.

He didn’t come from nowhere—he’s been a loud and clownish politician for years—and has nothing to show for it. And no one with a modicum of intelligence believes the primaries were rigged.

I’m far smarter than you’ll ever be, Snowflake—and I see through your foolish and content-free "arguments’ easily.

I’ve never made such a speech, nor would I. Again, you try to erect a straw man, and you fail at even that simple task.

You reduce everything to personal attacks on me—proof positive that you have no clue and aren’t going to get one.

3 Likes

Democrats have to get a grip on reality. I for one do not believe any Trump supporter will not continue to support him. They heard him They are greedy liars who are filled with anger and hate. leave them to heaven. GET OUT THE VOTE. every Democrat has to work in their community and society to get young people. old people who cannot get to the polls poor people whose jobs keep them at work. help get out the vote Trump won because our people did not vote. suppressed due to republican voter suppression or other issues there are more of Us than them. get out the Vote!! Ignore Trump Supporters

3 Likes

Jerome Powell will probably be Trump’s pick, so this is a bit irrelevant. He’s an investment banker and was earlier a partner at Carlyle Group. Close to the Bushes, so criticism from the non-Trump side of the GOP is likely to be fairly muted.

Frankly, Trump’s incompetence as the climactic chapter in the GOP’s perpetual-failure narratives s the only overarching national message we need in the midterm. The rest of the messaging is about tying the GOP candidate (in most districts) to Trump, and then stressing issues that are important and work well in that particular district. Senate and congressional candidates don’t need to agree with each other on single-payer vs Obamacare or even abortion.

I do think Ossoff made a mistake in shying away from that because Trump isn’t popular in GA-06. But I also think it’s reprehensible for Sanders not to endorse Northam.

3 Likes

Another one displaying his willful ignorance as if its his bestest achievement evah. Hillary had a massive amount of position papers. Gave countless policy speeches. Put up hundreds of powerful ads. You and your ilk completely ignored all of it because it felt more pure to pretend to be butthurt because your guy lost.

The platform was heavily influenced, if not outright written, by Bernie’s people. And yet, here you are, whining about it.

Yet oddly enough, that wasn’t what Hillary was selling. And the Bernie Bullshit you say you want to peddle…you aren’t peddling. What you and yours have been doing all year is to level a combination of vague, general attacks on everyone not Bernie, (including his supporters like Ellison), and steadfastly refusing to offer up any candidates or take active steps to put forward and actual, deliverable, agenda.

You are just so much wasted air

5 Likes

Steve Knight (R-NJ)

Knight is from California

1 Like

There’s a difference between position papers and vision. For whatever reason, Hillary’s campaign was perceived as being about defining Trump negatively rather than defining herself positively.

We can blame the media or the GOP’s gutter campaign tactics, but ultimately communicating a positive vision isn’t one of Hillary Clinton’s strengths. IMO the campaign rolled with that weakness, and didn’t prioritize the need to counterbalance it with a stronger emphasis on a positive vision.

1 Like

Oh no it doesn’t My views reflect reality. We have a 2 party system. It’s not my fault you don’t want to win elections. Folks like you are just helping the repubs. Maybe that’s what you want, but true left leaners know the Dems have to win control before any changes can take place.

6 Likes

It’s not that simple. Many voters see the ‘two party system’ as two parties too much like each other. Yes of course, these voters know there is a difference but they’re not feeling the love from the ‘D’ Party (jobs/wages/etc). So if the Dems continue pushing Bernie around and decide on another Corporate Democrat for 2020, I bet Bernie will run as a 3rd party candidate. Last chance.

Hillary Clinton spent her time and money “running up the score” in California and never visited WI and MI. She sucked as a candidate. Get over it already morons.

Give to candidates directly and skip the corrupt DNC.

1 Like

Big Deal…

Hillary crushed Trump in fundraising too. Look what happened.

The Republicans DO NOT NEED fundraising. They just need to pass the TAX CUTS and their 40 Ultra-Conservative Billionaire Donors will shower them and every 501c and SuperPAC with largesse.

If the Tax Cut does NOT pass, then this becomes relevant, but that is between slim and none as the Republicans have made TAX CUTS the base of their party for the last 100 years.

1 Like

Nope. Like most candidates, she focused on the states with early voting, and visited the states without early voting closer to election day. It’s a classic campaign tactic—and it was supported by all available polling.

Nope. She may not be the most inspiring speaker, but her positions on the issues were spot on and progressive, and her campaign was well-run, which is why she won the popular vote.

What a great way to get people on your side.

Offer proof or admit that you’re just full of sour grapes.

2 Likes

Well, EXACTLY like the Trumpsters, the “Hillary-Haters” only heard and saw what they WANTED TO HEAR.

What has St. Bernie accomplished in 23 years in Congress?

Waiting…

4 Likes

Well, he was able to buy his third home for over a half-million dollars.
So there’s that.

1 Like

What has St. Bernie accomplished in 23 years in Congress?
Waiting…

Fast enough for you? And he did it as an Independent. Hillary’s record? Waiting…

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available