Discussion: Cohen's Lawyer Sends Stormy Daniels Cease And Desist After CBS Interview

So Cohen admits that he sent someone to talk to Daniels/Clifford, but not that she was threatened? Or he admits that he knew about the approach to her? Because if he is completely unconnected to what someone (perhaps a fan of The Apprentice) said to her, then there is no need to take note of it, much less to threaten the woman.

(How come this inept schlepper still has a license to practice?)

15 Likes

Not sure that Cohen really wants to open up the discovery door on such a lawsuit. :smirk:

11 Likes

Of course, itā€™s made easier because they ARE fools.

3 Likes

Trump is fucking chewing glass right nowā€”it is AWESOME!

12 Likes

Even the lawyers lawyer is incompetent and lateā€¦total inept circle jerksā€¦

DISCOVERY WILL BE FUN TO SEEā€¦

4 Likes

Was that buffoon on with Avenatti again?

Interesting and timely summary:

5 Likes

Isnā€™t that her job description? ā€œMiss the point, and misrepresent facts.ā€

3 Likes

ā€œDamn it, woman! That never happened, and I had nothing to do with it.ā€

Works for me.

4 Likes

This would help explain why the interview didnā€™t get published immediately.

Why are you skeptical of that claim? What doesnā€™t ring true about it?

1 Like

If Cohen ā€œhad nothing to doā€ with Daniels being threatened by a goon, how does he know it didnā€™t happen?

13 Likes

Spock blew up the robotā€™s brain with a question just like that.

13 Likes

I think the American people need to send a cease and desist letter to Trump.

4 Likes

This is Trump World. We all know that this is only stage one of the storyā€“deny it happened. Stage two coming shortly: Cohen admits that one of his goons did say that to Stormy but he was just expressing concern for her. ā€œHe was just hopinā€™ dat nuttinā€™ would happen to da mudder before her daughter growed up. Who says dereā€™s anythinā€™ wrong with dat?ā€ And then finally stage three: ā€œOK so he threatened her. So what? He didnā€™t do nuttinā€™ to her now did he?ā€

6 Likes

Weird that Cohen paid her $130K (out of his own pocket, mind you) to keep her quiet about something that didnā€™t happen. Man, thatā€™s almost as good as those ag subsidies that pay for NOT growing corn. Hey, Mr. Cohen, Iā€™m a great negotiator; for $20,000 Iā€™ll stay quiet about not having sex with Trump too.

6 Likes

You can send this kind of letter to ignorant cowards and maybe it would do some good. Stormy and her lawyer arenā€™t ignorant cowards. So it adds up to asking pretty please with sugar on top would you not do these things, because we donā€™t like them at all. Intentional infliction of emotional pain? Itā€™s yet another way of saying you donā€™t like what a person did, but you donā€™t have a real grownup tort to point to. Itā€™s all the equivalent of stamping your feet and bursting into tears of impotent rage.

20 Likes

Yep. The Gun companies do much better with scary Demā€™s in office. I know a union busting attorney that makes ALL of his money fighting unions in IL and he ALWAYS votes Dem. Same.

4 Likes

Itā€™s a way of telling your opponent what hurts and where to kick you harder.

6 Likes

ā€œIn truth, Mr. Cohen had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with any such person or incident, and does not even believe that any such person exists, or that such incident ever occurred,ā€ Blakely wrote.

Two things:

1. She didnā€™t mention Cohen in the interview. Guilty much?

2. ā€œIn truthā€ is this letterā€™s version of Trumpā€™s ā€œbelieve me,ā€ words always accompanied by lies.

20 Likes