Discussion: Clinton Torches Trump’s Tax Return: ‘What Kind Of Genius Loses $1B In A Single Year?'

I’m guessing a super-genius who invests heavily in the ACME corporation.

12 Likes

At this point, one could almost feel sorry for Trump. Not!

4 Likes

the all volunteer army is a mistake. they ended up with mostly men and women looking for benefits of all kinds for 3 or 4 years of service A giant Military Complex looking for the freebees they accuse the poor of. free health benefits for life free education, yet Thousands of their comrades were klilled in a war for lies Iraq they simply don’t care they support the most Un American nominee in my lifetime a pathological liar they don’t care they support Trump we need to eliminate the Volunteer Army and institute the draft. we have an army of people who care nothing for our country,blinded by their own greed.

3 Likes

The Trump Chump’ isn’t taking this…so he’s bringing in all his heavy hitters. Oh…it’s ON!

7 Likes

Blinded by their own greed? Not the volunteers I know.

7 Likes

HUUUUGE!! it was HUUUUGE!!

3 Likes

Dubya: I am the smartest human ever born. I lost Trillions of $$$ when I was POTUS. I also invaded the wrong country.

5 Likes

I cannot wait until the next presidential debate. Turnip’s skin is bible-leaf thin when it comes to fielding criticisms of his self-described business prowess. The NYT’s revelations flay him and destroy that myth.

Clinton will burn him big time and he just won’t know exactly what to do. It promises to be just epic! His meltdown could surpass his humiliation in the last debate.

"So won’t you tell me if you can,
’cause life’s so hard to understand
Why’s the rich man busy dancing,
while the poor man pays the band?"

3 Likes

She skewered him in this speech with a shimmy and a smile. The smart thing she did is to tie Trump’s example into essentially a Bernie Sanders speech about fixing the rigged system but she included her policy proposals. Over the past week, she has done an effective job of merging her proposals into Bernie Sanders’ essential critique of our economic system and our budget priorities.

16 Likes

Pretty good and illuminating read at bloomberg.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-10-03/searching-for-the-truth-in-trump-s-1995-tax-return

15 Likes

He’s not just an investor, he a customer.

5 Likes

Quick! Kellyanne needs to take away the android…

3 Likes

Agreed. But…

[quote]they ended up with mostly men and women looking for benefits of all kinds for 3 or 4 years of service A giant Military Complex looking for the freebees they accuse the poor of. free health benefits for life free education
[/quote]

What the fuck are you talking about? Do you honestly believe 3-4 years of military service entitles one to a lifetime of healthcare and free education? It probably should, but it definitely does not.

The all-volunteer military has a lot of problems, but a lifetime of freebies for those who serve is not one of them.

16 Likes

Clinton Torches Trump’s Tax Return

Well, thanks, Hillary! Now he’s never going to be able to release them!

9 Likes

Trump’s skin is so thin, if it won Miss Universe Trump would tweet, “needs to put on a few pounds.”

4 Likes

@boidster

Somebody else can supply the caption

6 Likes

fixed

6 Likes

What are you talking about? One can reasonably argue draft vs. volunteer, but neither situation has soldiers motivated by greed.

•Have you checked out the paycheck of a non-officer soldier? Do you know how many soldier’s kids qualify for free lunch, how many of them get their “new” clothes at Good Will? Have you seen the “pay day loan” businesses that congregate around military bases?

•Free health benefits for life? Not. In about 1959 when my brother volunteered for the Navy (because he was going to be drafted), he did get lifetime health benefits. It’s what he depended on when he died of lung cancer 3 years ago. Current volunteers get very limited health care after discharge, and only when it’s related to something that happened while they were active.

•Free education. You realize that most of the current volunteers weren’t college bound and decided to take a detour through Iraq or Afganistan just for kicks or tuition assistance? Many struggled in school, may not have had a HS diploma, and saw no future beyond flipping burgers. After 6 years or so of service, tuition doesn’t seem like a undue burden to the American taxpayer. My nephew benefited greatly. He enrolled with no HS diploma and no future at 18. He left with a Sgt’s rank, finished HS, earned a BA in business, and last I heard has a salary around $150K. That sounds better than a 30 year old with a dead end job, both for him and the country. At least he pays taxes on his income. The GI benefits weren’t so generous that he could lounge and party while going to school. He worked two jobs in addition to school to pay for his rented room in a group housing situation, pay for food, clothing, and utilities. That’s the definition of pulling yourself up by the bootstraps.

we have an army of people who care nothing for our country,blinded by their own greed.

I think you need to take it back.

20 Likes

“Donald J. Trump… SUUUUUUUUUUper Genius!!!”

1 Like