Discussion: Clinton Camp Backs Electors' Request For Briefing On Russian Interference

I say let Joe Biden be interim POTUS until this is sorted out.

7 Likes

b4 or after debriefing vlad?

1 Like

I’m not holding out much hope but others may change their minds if they see the intelligence brief. I still wonder what that Internet connection between Trump Inc. and Russia’s Alfa Bank was for. It could’ve been spam but just as easily been a FIX protocol connection for financial transactions.

7 Likes

I’m not a hundred percent sure this one would be peaceful and the other side has all the guns. I’m not kidding.

3 Likes

he’s a floating slimeball.

1 Like

Yeah but how many of them are there really. He’s going in with one of the lowest approval any incoming president has ever had - 40%. Most of the time they go in at 65%, 75% - they just won an election.

4 Likes

I know, I know…you had to piss in my cornflakes didn’t ya, @darrtown :smile:

1 Like

well, we know who will play trump.

2 Likes

Look. The Republican candidate won based on electoral votes. However, Trump CANNOT be president. But couldn’t the electors vote for Pence? Or anyone else besides he who must not be named?

3 Likes

sure. then burned at the stake.

2 Likes

Republicans also know how unpopular Pence was in Indiana, and McConnell/Ryan/et al have shown they’re perfectly fine assuming the position for Trump.

3 Likes

Is that even possible? I know we’re in uncharted territory here but, what would be required to get a do-over election or a court case before (I assume) the Supreme Court

I don’t know morrigan_2575, but I’ve seen it mentioned in several places. I have no idea what’s going to happen next. I had no idea this man would be nominated, would actually run or would somehow seem to be elected. But here we are.

First time for everything.

1 Like

I don’t see her avatar, either—just the little square thingy with the folded-down upper right corner.

4 Likes

[quote=ā€œtena, post:10, topic:48361, full:trueā€]
Personally I would rather not depend on the electors. I’d like to see this whole thing nullified and have a new election or have a court declare that Clinton won.
[/quote]Nullification - I like it. And, even better, it’s an utterly Republican kind of thing to do.

1 Like

An utterly South Carolina kind of thing to do, which is perfect since Jim DeMint is whispering in the orange shitgibbon’s ear.

1 Like

There’s no question that many people in the Trumpzi right will consider his removal, regardless of whether it’s by impeachment or even resignation, and regardless of whether Republicans join in the effort to remove it.

And there’s likewise no question but that, even if Republicans joined in, all of them collectively, from the poorest voter up to the U.S. Senate, would rather quickly come to think of it as an unfair, unconstitutional, mean, low down dirty thing corrupt Democrat corrupts did to them, a grievance to be written down in their little book of grievances and paid back in kind, magnified a thousand fold, in years to come. Because that’s what they did with Nixon.

9 Likes

No question but when it’s a question of our national security, the integrity of our election and outside interference from an historically hostile foreign power, then it’s bigger than them.

1 Like

It seems to me as a matter of logic that if the election was tampered with and it was, and even though they are already arguing the harmless error doctrine - yes they did it but it didn’t change anything - we don’t know that but we do know that it can’t have been a fair and open election with the tampering.

So what is left but to declare it null and void and start over? It is the only thing that makes much sense really.

Not saying they’ll do it, but they should.

11 Likes