Electoral College, if any of you are reading this–do it! Use any excuse! I don’t give a shit how…just do it!!! Use any excuse to put Clinton in–to keep Obama in…anything! Just end this nightmare!!!
That was a different issue, theghostofeustacetilley. They don’t have to use the precedent that they can’t use anyway.
This is an entirely different set of facts that likely raises different constitutional issues than Bush v Gore.
Kremlin: We strongly object to these nefarious activities. We have chosen Trump. Trump will it be for all of you.
I would be happy to learn that 37 republican electors have decided to change their minds about electing trump based on the obvious admiration for Putin expressed by trump and the close ties his Secretary of State-to-be has with Russia. I believe that there are several other trump associates with ties to Putin and his oligarchy if not trump himself who at times has needed piles of cash. I would not at all be surprised to learn that trump got large personal loans from some important Russians.
Trump’s association with Putin is only one small reason to not allow him into office. There are other larger reasons than interference in our electoral process that disqualify trump. But if this is the one that gains traction so be it.
This will make a great movie, how the electors saved democracy with only minutes to spare - stories of courage - Sandra Bullock can play Nancy Pelosi’s daughter - millions marching on Washington - a big moment when the last elector changes their vote and gives an Atticus Finch speech ---- I fear i am losing my grip on reality ----
As they should
Obama, unfortunately, cannot remain in office past January 20th. Term limits you see. And he would be the 1st to want to follow the Constitution as opposed to the Orange Horror.
And those pesky tax returns
He was against it before he was for it before he was against it again.
Whoever said “may you live in interesting times” can go fuck himself.
Wow, Hillary’s campaign finally steps up!
A tiny little baby step, but good, nevertheless.
I don’t see how you could squeeze that out of it. The courts have no authority here, and the constitution does not allow the election to be redone. The congress has a say, I think, because they have to accept the electoral vote. I remember Al Gore presiding over the certification back in 2001.
On edit, here ya go:
…:Today, for nearly 20 minutes in the cavernous House chamber, a dozen members of the Congressional Black Caucus, joined by a few sympathizers, tried in vain to block the counting of Florida’s 25 electoral votes, protesting that black voters had been disenfranchised. Florida’s highly contested electoral votes were crucial in Mr. Bush’s victory after a prolonged legal and political battle following an inconclusive election.
Federal law requires a member of both the House and the Senate to question a state’s electoral votes in writing for a formal objection to be considered. But the House members had no Senate support. So Mr. Gore, who was presiding in his role as Senate president, slammed down the gavel to silence them and rule their objections and parliamentary maneuvers out of order…"
I don’t know - I’ve seen CIA calls for a new election. I haven’t looked at the issues but constitutional issues do belong in the court.
IF there is a constitutional question here and there probably is with regard to foreign interference, then I can see it going to a court decision and since none of this has happened before I don’t think anyone can say yes or no about any remedy yet.
That ledge is calling me again…
Your avatar does not show up for me. Nor does the @ alert thingy seem to function with your screen name.
A week is too short a time for a court to react I think.
I’d just like to point out that the “bi-partisan” group of electors who issued this request seems to consist of nine Democrats and only one Republican, Chris Suprun, of Texas, who wrote an oped piece in the NYT last week about how he cannot vote for Trump. So I don’t think this group is going to bring along many votes from electors in states Trump won. Nice try, though.
Pepe will tweet outrage that a Broadway musical that dissed his Veep has any say in the Electoral College.
The gas lighting is off the charts.
Yup. Sadly, too small of an amount and partisan but any actions help delegitimize him.
+1000.
Reputedly a Chinese curse, now that I think about it.