Discussion: Cleveland Clinic Yanks Fundraiser From Trump's Mar-A-Lago Club

1 Like

I was just at a CCF facility this AM for some blood tests. Nice to know my $ won’t be going to a Trump enterprise.

4 Likes

BRAVO!

Hit TRUMP where it will actually HURT HIM (because we all know he has no shame, no conscience, and no empathy.)

10 Likes

American Red Cross spent $200-300,000 at Mar-a-Lago last December. Does anybody know if they have announced future plans for events there?

About fucking time. Holy fuck. What a bunch of stupid douchebags for dragging this out for so long. Jesus fucking christ!

1 Like

A week ago CC said it wouldn’t move the event.

I wonder what happened between then and now…

11 Likes

Who’s left to book at Mar a Lago?
The Russian call girls foundation?
The flat earth society?

1 Like

It’s on the ARC website. The 2018 event will once again be at Mar-a-Lago.
“The American Red Cross is always guided by our fundamental principles of neutrality and impartiality and, in deciding where to hold the 2018 ball, we made our decision irrespective of politics. We obtained bids for our event, and ultimately chose Mar-a-Lago”
http://www.redcross.org/news/press-release/Statement-by-the-American-Red-Cross-on-the-61st-International-Red-Cross-Ball

2 Likes

Barring Mueller’s investigation forcing Repubs to impeach, THIS and only this will bring about the end of Trump’s presidency. If the office no longer enriches him and his family, he will resign.

4 Likes

This stuff is important! The national shunning of Trump needs to ramp up. How would the Cleveland Clinic justify an event at any Trump outfit anyway?

8 Likes

Without more reporting I wouldn’t read motive into this. I read that Trump increased the fees dramatically upon his election. The Clinic might have decided they needed a better rate. Of course, going to a club that is owned by a guy who supports Nazis doesn’t make for good fundraising.

2 Likes

I think we can read motive pretty readily.

1. CC’s CEO was on Trump’s Strategic and Policy Forum that voted to disband itself over Trump’s remarks.
  2. CC insisted as recently as last week that their donors prefer M-A-L over other area venues and it wasn’t about politics, it was about raising money. CC was in final contract negotiations. If a lower rate was the issue, that wouldn’t be the case.
3 Likes

Wow. Look at this!

Palm Beach chamber head tells charities ‘have a conscience’, shun Trump

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/business/palm-beach-chamber-head-tells-charities-have-conscience-shun-trump/Pp7jHFkUixKlK7eQaAArmM/

10 Likes

Thank you for the additional reporting.

1 Like

Laurel Baker’s e-mail address is Laurel@palmbeachchamber.com if you’d like to write to her and thank her for standing up for what’s right and decent.

3 Likes

Baker also expressed no patience for charities that will try to keep a low profile during this turbulent period.

“I hope that people will not maintain their neutrality,” she said. “This is the best time ever for people to show their backbone.”

I think that advice should be given to others, as well. GOP congresspeople, for instance.

4 Likes

I know it ‘takes money to make money’ but the total cluelessness of holding a fundraising event there is beyond me. I truly am middle class…and happy to be there.

Indeed. A woman with guts and class, UNLIKE any GOP Congressperson you’d care to mention.

2 Likes

Good to see Cleveland Clinic is not taking their talents to South Beach. As a healthcare organization, it would be impossible to justify knowing how hellbent this President is on destroying Medicaid and the ACA.

1 Like

And another one.

4 Likes