Discussion: Chris Wallace Figures Trump Is Pumped He Now Has AG Protecting His 'Interests'

I have always believed that Lindsey Graham is unbalanced, mentally…even during the Obama years and before.

Seriously.

8 Likes

Baby steps. Next time maybe he leaves out the ‘Not saying…’ phrase. That leaves a pretty potent statement for Foxers to contemplate.

1 Like

And did Wallace also say that the job of the AG is not to protect the President’s interests?

1 Like

He could give one that impression. He was always a high strung little feller, given to bouts of bad overacting, but aside from being John McCain’s sidekick, he was an ignominious little palmetto rat.

There’s a definite possibility of some Kompromat there. Russian money, Russian poolboys, money and pool boys.

7 Likes

Wallace reminds me of George McFly before Marty changed the timeline in BTTF 1.

4 Likes

If Graham hadn’t gone into politics, I think he’d be belting out show tunes at the Myrtle Beach Dinner Theater.

Three nights per week.

(Plus two matinees on weekends.)

Either that, or managing the portrait studio at Sears.

8 Likes

And this will be prosecuted by??
The DOJ?
The Senate?

2 Likes

Barr subscribes to the unitary executive theory that grants the president the power to control the entire executive branch. The DoJ is under the executive branch, therefor Trump has complete control over it and the AG becomes nothing more than an emasculated servant who carries out the dictates of the president. Put simply, under Barr’s theory of constitutional governance he is the president’s attorney.

2 Likes

As an Ethel Merman impersonator.

:notes:Things look swell, things look great…:notes:

5 Likes

You are a master of metaphor!

5 Likes

He would be forced to recuse from an investigating into him or announce a change to DOJ policy that would certainly be clear grounds for impeachment of the AG. There is a constitutional question about the ability of the president to be prosecuted as the prosecutorial power flows from the constitution through the person of the president and into the appointees. But the power can skip right over the AG to the next appointee should it need to.

4 Likes

Again,
‘forced to recuse’ by whom? Who does the forcing?

“impeachment of the AG” the trial from which would be conducted in the Senate, right?

They’re like hackers who have disabled the defenses of an operating system.

Though Wallace occasionally pokes his head above the fetid waters of the conservative fever swamp so as to speak a few sentences that accord with reality, the following quote assures us that his feet are still firmly planted in the muck at the bottom of the bog:

Not saying that Barr isn’t right in everything he says.

2 Likes

You could be right but it could be as simple as Barr is a true RW believer. He seems well versed in RW lingo and he has the sneer down pat.

6 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

As we all know…the only thumbing down by the FBI was the “revelations” about Hillary…

3 Likes

Some remakes just shouldn’t be.

2 Likes

EXACTLY…I was reading the article thinking…hmmm…then hit that quote and realized this was not some vaguely courageous stand by Wallace. Not that I really thought it would be, but I do have a tiny hope that Wallace or Smith will finally throw in the fox towel live on the air and give it what for…

4 Likes

Must have gotten a little note that Chris is straying to far off the reservation, lately.

1 Like

Well there’s ego. “How far can I help push this pile of shit.”