Discussion: Chris Wallace Figures Trump Is Pumped He Now Has AG Protecting His 'Interests'

I would’ve ‘loved’ this if he had shown up in full KISS regalia and make-up.

2 Likes

Some days I feel like we are all living in OnionWorld.

13 Likes

I read this piece. Wallace is looking to how July will appear for Trump.

“We Report” (Trump is fucked)

“You Decide” (felony raps are a real thing)

4 Likes

So you are playing this as a contest between Barr and Graham in the Descent to Hell category?

4 Likes

That’s Just not enough to fuck up bridge night with the Muellers.

In all seriousness, here. There’s got to be some other piece of the puzzle. It’s not like he came in at the beginning, when there was still questions about whether the adults in the room could take charge. He’d already seen everyone kicked to the curb and treated like trash.

Your OneWordAnswer™: Yes.

4 Likes

I disagree. Wallace was pointing out the TRUTH of the situation which is something rarely heard on FOX.

Who is taking him down? I don’t see it.

3 Likes

You have a very odd definition of “Some”.

4 Likes

O-B-S-T-R-U-C-T-I-O-N

That’s the 2019-2020 word…

7 Likes

Fawning obsequiousness is de rigeur for workers at State TV.

8 Likes

Dunno about Graham. He acts like someone who’s had pictures of him and the UPS driver (Gender TBD) taken surreptitiously. I’m betting Barr is a true believer. I doubt he needs the money, he came out of retirement. He jumped on the Trump Train coz he saw it as an opportunity to guide the DOJ into a corrupt enforcer of Trumpism.

15 Likes

This is, unfortunately, a marathon, not even an 800 meters.

Trump has (felony) reasons to hang on to power. There are some revelations now coming out about Trump which make Barr’s actions look more and more like, well, OBSTRUCTION.

We’ll be okay…

5 Likes

This does remain the mystery - why is Barr doing it? My guess is that he’s good with white, male hegemony when it’s all said and done. And like John Roberts, he was always able to couch it in pretty language. Trump’s made that impossible.

6 Likes

WTF???

4 Likes

seriously?

I don’t think that Fox viewers heard criticism – for one thing, if Wallace was being critical, it was subtle. And Fox viewers don’t get “subtle criticism” of “their president”.

What Fox viewers heard was an “attaboy! Good for you! You finally got what you wanted – and since you are Donald Trump, you deserved it!”

2 Likes

You are correct. Some others saw it as “objectivity”…

I (and others here) saw it as bullshitting.

4 Likes

FIFY. The only thing which adequately explains his tears and emotional outburst at the hearing. Only a truly loved one makes you hurt that much.

6 Likes

The reason is simple.

Barr gets his information from right wing media, especially FoxNews.

The right wing is now a “cult” – anything coming from outside the cult is suspect – and assumed to be malicious. Barr is part of that cult.

3 Likes

Yeah, the septic tank has been in need of draining for sometime, but its just been bubbling away down there putrefying while every one in the house above is fat and sassy having a good time. Then the backup valve fails and all the festering shit explosively blows out of the toilets and into the bathroom from whence it inundates the living room and bedroom, leaving the good homeowners aghast, agape and astounded.

But the shit was alway there and could have remained that way except for lack of regular maintenance.

7 Likes

it wasn’t just “bullshit”. It was malignant. Because Wallace wasn’t speaking to you, and doesn’t care what you think.

Wallace was speaking to the Fox audience – and (IMHO) what they heard was "attaboy!"

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available