Discussion: Cheney Throws Bush Under The Bus On Torture Program

Discussion for article #231053

One thing about Dick Cheney, he has been a clASS act the wHOLE time.

41 Likes

One of the most troubling aspects of the Senate report is that it led directly to an utterance by Dick Cheney.

33 Likes

These war criminals should face justice at The Hague.

46 Likes

“The notion that the committee’s trying to peddle, that somehow the agency was operating on a rogue basis, and we weren’t being told or the President wasn’t being told, is just a flat out lie,” he later added.

Guilty as charged then?
The Hague on line 1-- for you-- Dick.

jw1

61 Likes

War criminal says what?

25 Likes

I’m convinced that the torture happened because Dick Cheney, in addition to being a sociopathic, was utterly terrified by 9-11, acted criminally, and for over a decade has been haunted by the reality that he could/should be prosecuted for war crimes. I think he knows it.

54 Likes

“Asked if there was ever a point where he knew more about the CIA’s activity than the President, Cheney said “I think he knew everything he needed to know and wanted to know about the program.””

I am actually quite surprised by that answer. It’s as close to admitting that it was Cheney’s baby as we are ever going to get.

70 Likes

Dick Cheney = The Nicolae Ceasescu of American politics.

22 Likes

He has been a clASSless act the wHOLE time.

FIFY

6 Likes

I have been under the impression that Cheney’s only regret on 9-11 is that Bush wasn’t the target and died. He moved very rapidly to seize control…his wife was repeatedly hanging up the phone on the President while they were in the bunker…her excuse was that she couldn’t hear CNN over the phone conversation.

In another point of view, she was purposefully keeping the Commander in Chief out of the loop while her husband assumed the role. I believe most people call that an active act of treason, especially considering we were under attack from foreign entities at the time.

32 Likes

“I think he knew certainly the techniques, we did discuss the techniques,”

Oh please, if you said “waterboarding” to Bush he would have thought it was a cool game.

7 Likes

I can’t imagine how awful it would be to know that a family member’s donated heart went to a war criminal with no brains and no morals.

40 Likes

When is Obama and Eric Holder going to get the balls and iarrest this WAR CRIMINAL???

7 Likes

S/B Ceausescu. <sad face for my error, sad face that the comparison is true>

1 Like

Indeed. It gets even dicier for him, too…because they don’t get to use the “They told us it was legal”, Nuremberg defense since they were the ones who ordered Wu to write the opinion that it was legal themselves.

15 Likes

Bush’s book made it pretty clear he knew he had been duped by the neocons. That’s when Gates came in for Rummy, etc. W knew he had been the puppet. Couldn’t fire Cheney or he would have.

Yes, Cheney was in control on 9/11, more because Bush was peeing his pants possibly though. We all saw the look on his face, it was essentially “oh boy, what will my handlers tell me to do here”. It was actually Cheney who gave NORAD the order to engage any non-responsive aircraft after the 2nd plane hit the Towers, not Bush.

26 Likes

“There was no effort on our part to keep him from that.”

On “our” part?

16 Likes

Sad for my error, sad that the comparison is true.

Indeed, “everything he needed to know” is an amazing statement from Cheney.

16 Likes