Discussion: California GOP Guv Candidate Compares DMV Wait To Holocaust

Now I am confused. I thought that being a Nazi was a good thing in today’s Republican party.

3 Likes

This is a lesson in the pitfalls of habitual excessively hyperbolic rhetoric.

4 Likes

Even if so the fellow should not be behind the wheel.

Wow. Desperation is so ugly!

There is a very minimal wait at the DMV in CA if you make an appointment!

3 Likes

Um … yes.

It is on the application. Check Yes or No : Are you the one the neighbors always worry about?

3 Likes

There are 35,391,347 registered vehicles in California (1). Considering this, the DMV does as good a job as they can with the resources they have. Perhaps if we had a real commitment to public transportation…but what, I dream.

(1)

6 Likes

A helpful flowchart for high-profile people in both public and private life:

1. Are you about to compare something to the Holocaust?
  2. Did the thing result in the murder of millions of innocent people?
  3. If yes, proceed with extraordinary caution. If no, don’t do that.
  4. end
12 Likes

Our local DMV has modernized and allows appointments, etc. A huge improvement from the old days.

Now the Tax office… that is a different story.

1 Like

I waited 4 hours in the Cal DMV last week. I survived by reading a book. It was no big thing. I will also give the DMV staff credit in the way they herd cats. Not an easy job.

4 Likes

yes, the evil DMV - where even wealthy people for once have to stand in line like the proletariat once in a while. waahhh
also, you can make appointments in advance these days and skip a lot of that line waiting

6 Likes

Salem County NJ MVC - new drivers license with new photo 15 minutes - replacement title 10 minutes both with no appointment. Vehicle inspection 10 minutes with an appointment a few minutes longer without. The system works.

1 Like

I encourage this candidate to spend 3 hours on the phone trying to get his insurance to pay for an operation outside of his town - then get back to us on the wonders of the free market

10 Likes

Ignorant fool. Anyone with any brain knows that waiting at the DMV is like wandering in the desert for 40 years.

6 Likes

Every day in every way John Cox brings us the certainty Gavin Newsom (current Lt. Gov) will be the next governor. BTW you can make appts. at any DMV office for almost anything you need to do. Your name’s called on time, you go and take care business and then you’re out of there. But it’s always useful for a right winger to invoke the Holocaust any time they can

5 Likes

no, it’s like a reality version of dealing with medical insurance companies. in fact, i wish you could see the insurance providers this way instead of talking to some ‘agent’ in iowa to try and get approval and listening to their endless and confusing phone tree options

2 Likes

yes, I’m sure his experience would have been spun as easy if they were talking about obtaining voter id’s

2 Likes

Well, this sounds suspiciously like a Trump-style “anecdote”. When did this encounter occur? Recently, twenty years ago? If recently, In order to still be driving, such a one must have been very young when the allies liberated the camps in 1945. If the survivor was 10 years old, then the person would be 83. It could happen, but the probabilities of a chance encounter with such a one are quite low.

I tend to think that Cox is embellishing or just making shit up.

9 Likes

I firmly believe that the same genetic makeup that inclines people toward movement conservatism also renders them incapable of hearing the words that come out of their own mouths.

7 Likes

Also too, the people who work at the DMV, like people everywhere, would not let a 90 year old stand in line for twenty minutes. They are normal people with a modicum of empathy, not effing Republicans.

1 Like

Yours are in Iowa? You must have a great plan. Most of them are in another place beginning with 'i".

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available