Discussion: California GOP Guv Candidate Compares DMV Wait To Holocaust

Clearly this shit has never dealt with a cable company…

25 Likes

What the actual hell? Do the Republicans purposefully search for lunatics?

34 Likes

Anyone be able to tell me why it’s ok to compare ANYTHING to the holocaust? For that matter, what about comparing ANYTHING to slavery? If you didn’t directly experience it, keep the word(s) out of your mouth.

Dope.

19 Likes

In a California DMV there are only long lines for those lacking the bootstraps to make an appointment, dummy.

22 Likes

Keep up the effective campaigning, Mr. Cox! Go for it!

4 Likes

Shupe did not immediately respond to TPM’s request for comment about whether Cox will discontinue his use of the Holocaust survivor’s story to illustrate the long lines at the DMV.

:grin:

8 Likes

Remember Borat and the “pussy magnet”?

Well the right wing has always has a whackadoo magnet based on Tc superconductivity…

Clearly this guy is GOP governor material… well worthy of the (ᴙ)

7 Likes

There’s a writing rule called “kill your darlings.” You may like a bit, but if it doesn’t serve the larger purpose you have to cut it. Our boy here thought that was a pretty good crack from the Holocaust survivor. And it is—from a Holocaust survivor, numbnuts. If you’re not a Holocaust survivor, it’s probably best not to compare even major inconveniences (four hours is a long damn wait) to the Holocaust.

18 Likes

well, well well. Fake right wing new/opinion bubble meets the real press in a state that still has a real press…

Truth is that DMV is slow, but that is the result of too few offices, i.e. an “under-supply of bureaucracy” We could chose to raise taxes and spend more on the DMV, but that is not exactly Cox’s platform…

California has lots of issues, but the biggest are (a) under-funding of k-12 and university education, (b) environmental change/water issues caused by global warming, © housing supply (in large part caused by restrictive zoning rules, and (d) transportation (too little funding/spending).

Unfortunately Cox has no answer to any of these issues, just like he has no answer for the DMV other than pumping out right wing talk-radio type lines.

17 Likes

The CA DMV has gotten atrocious. Even with an appointment my wife was there all day. She almost didn’t get served before closing. I also spent six hours there trying to register a vehicle. It is not the holocaust.

15 Likes

This cannot have happened.

Does anyone believe a Holocaust survivor would make that kind of comparison, ever?

16 Likes

Conservatives can’t even keep their stories straight. When it comes to voting, they insist that getting a photo ID is the easiest thing, so anyone who can’t deserves to lose their right to vote. But every time they have to do it themselves, they can’t stop complaining because liberals are responsible for all bad government and not the people defunding it. Their brains are so compartmentalized they can only remember what they need to remember on every issue and nothing else.

25 Likes

But never forget how effective they are in doing it. It works for them. The Dems could learn something from how the GOP manages messaging, because the Dems aren’t nearly as good at it. If they were, single payer would already be the law of the land.

2 Likes

I call bullshit. The de-licing showers down at the county construction permit office are a lot worse than the lines at the DMV.

6 Likes

I’d actually call that a rather generous assessment of the GOP skill set. This joker couldn’t see the connection between long DMV lines and voter ID if you paid him.

6 Likes

just enough wrong to be right.

2 Likes

Everything is the Holocaust to Republicans – health care, DMV lines, gay activists. Everything, except the actual Nazis in their party and the policies borrowed liberally from the Third Reich that they support and execute.

27 Likes

No My experience as a member of the tribe is that every single person I have ever had the great honor to have met who was a survivor, took the Holocaust for what it was, among the most evil events in history. No one would have taken it lightly.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available