Discussion: Bush Lawyer: Revoke Kushner's Security Clearance Or Give It To Putin

I suspect that pressure to take away Kushner’s clearance will continue to grow until it is unbearable for the White House.

How/if Drumpfie finally shitcans son-in-law will tell us an awful lot.

16 Likes

I agree with him, however when a former G.W.B. employee speaks on security and safety, I tend to not listen. I don’t know why.

8 Likes

Personally, I’m amazed that that anyone in this administration is qualified to have a security clearance higher than “Confidential”.

7 Likes

Their actual level of security clearance is “Psst—did you hear? Pass it on.”

9 Likes

I just want to repeat something…

Removal of his security clearance is an incredibly low bar to shoot for. The call should be an indictment on the multiple counts of perjury he committed. A pretty good case can also be made that he committed Obstruction of Justice, violated campaign finance laws, and probably engaged in receiving stolen goods (data that was illegally collected is stolen). And that’s just based on his security forms and this one meeting.

Kushner looks to be an interesting one to put under indictment, too, since he has already shown a willingness to toss his family in laws under the bus personally.

30 Likes

Every aspect of governing has been made a mockery under Republican “leadership” for the last decade. Their party deserves to die. They are stubbornly anti-patriot. It appears they would sell their mothers for the chance to gain power, money or hand over the keys to our worst enemies. WTF, GOP?

20 Likes

Alger Hiss, early colluder, will be profiled as an American conservative hero by Hannity any day now.

7 Likes

Unfortunately that’s a very astute assessment by Mr. Painter.

2 Likes

ANyone else perceive that Painter’s one legitimate bad-ass patriot?

Mueller should make that guy his spokesman, every time I hear him speak I want to march on FOX News offices with torches… blowtorches.

I don’t remember him from the Bush era at all, but he’s about the most memorable and tenacious little pit bull on the daily news today, I get a real kick out of him, he acts just like I feel. He speaks for me every time he’s on the TV, especially when he gets irritated.

He gives me hope there’s some serious legal buttkickin’ waiting in the wings, some of these old-timey conservatives still think Trump’s a silly goose, at best, and clearly, Richard’s one of them.

14 Likes

You know, I’m wondering if Sean Hannity, Alex Jones and others are being swept up in Meuller’s investigations. I think the louder they wail means they they are being tailed. Hannity in particular has been louder lately.

6 Likes

This was pretty ominous.

“Right now I’ve got a bigger worry that I don’t think anyone is talking about. And that is whether or not the President has already issued a blanket pardon for everybody involved in this entire sordid affair. And he has the authority to do that and, moreover, is it even legally required to even to disclose he has done it?”
— Representative Denny Heck (D-WA)

4 Likes

He won’t do it ever.
His ego won’t allow it.
He doesn’t make mistakes.
He doesn’t give a fuck
Witness his response to the tanking poll numbers
35% is pretty good
Fake polls anyway.
I wish I could be optimistic that Republicans would be outraged enough , but they seem to be fine with incompetence and the Russians as an arm of the Republican party.
Sad times indeed

5 Likes

Pretty sure Hannity has been imagining body cavity searches and worse, these days. Hope Mueller can oblige!

2 Likes

If not Mueller’s invesigation, maybe SOMEONE’S… if there was ever a need to carefully study the effects of unchecked hate-speech administered by ANY media, there you go. And YES, it certainly plays into the current scandal(s) but it goes even deeper, and there needs to be a concerted and well-funded study or research into that phenomenon and those characters you mention are the guiltiest among them, so their roles should all be exposed.

But it will take the media and academia to do it… you won’t get Republicans to even consider such a direction for their investigations, and Hannity and the rest will cry foul so loudly they will sound like the pack of coyotes they really are. Projecting hate speech as free speech is at their very core, their purpose in life itself, and they won’t allow resistance without calling it tyranny.

Outside Mueller’s work, there is no mechanism for that kind of intense study, and the governemnt is still so completely frought with the very culprits installed by this pattern of enabling hate to become habit in our people, they are not yet likely to even consider it.

But all of that is changing for the better, no matter how dark it looks, someday we may actually be able to study alt-real media as hate-speech, I am guessing the history books will tell the story as we have seen it.

Except the ones printed in Texas.

5 Likes

…is having his head up his ass the same thing?

2 Likes

I hadn’t thought of that – and I have no idea if he is legally required to notify anyone. I do know he has been busy scrubbing Ivanka’s name from many of his past swindle, presumably so she won’t take any of the inevitable heat for when those swindles are shown the light of day and lumped in with the impending shit show. I don’t know if doing this will get him/her what they’re expecting or not. As you already know, he/they can’t be pardoned for any state cases … and I hear NY’s Schneiderman has a very strong case for RICO violations. At minimum, at least Orange Anus Oral will die in prison.

1 Like

Excellent post.

3 Likes

I’d like to see convictions of different people on different grounds: definitely want some RICO, and of course FCPA, but also at least one espionage conviction, and I am holding out for conspiracy to commit murder. I believe the last is a real possibility, based on giving names to the Russians.

2 Likes

seems as if those types of concessions have become the rule rather than the exception, we expect less of Trump now than any president in history and accept his ineptitude as a matter of fact.

Trump really is the Low Bar President, if ever there was one. Every day we see more of it, the Republicans allow Trump more leeway than any president in history and it is getting worse with every scandal. They just forgive him, even as he does it again and again.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available