Discussion: BREAKING: Franken Resigns In Emotional Speech, Denies Some Allegations

I just Hope it’s not a negative number.

1 Like

What a snowflake argument:

Those poor Berniebros – the ones that weren’t Russian Berniebots. – were called names by Hillary supporters so they went off and voted in ways that made the election of Trump more likely. So it’s all Hillary’s fault. The Berniebros bear no responsibility whatsoever!

2 Likes

What absolute crap. Purity frenzies are not about advocacy for women. They are about idiots acting like idiots. We will not see ANY of those Senate women in POTUS in my lifetime. I am rethinking votes for any women at this point.

1 Like

There can be no fair hearing in the current environment. So do you let the opposition keep the outrage train rolling? Do you let them use you to numb people about the issue? Once again: Her decision. Just like this was Franken’s decision. If you trust his judgment… trust it now.

1 Like

Gillibrand and Harris will never get my vote for anything. I am not in either of their states, but I hear that they want to run for POTUS. It’s not going to happen, ever. They have cut their own opportunities off.

That’s simply not true.

The Democratic Caucus, men and women together, could have given him a fair hearing.

His electorate could have as well.

Heck, you and I could have organized one, had we been so inclined.

Do you really think Republican participation is a sine qua non?

1 Like

First, you have no idea what he’s told the members of the Democratic Caucus behind closed doors—so you have no idea if that context of ‘fair hearing’ was attempted. Instead, you’ve been on about due process and the Ethics Committee. ‘He should have been able to let the committee do its work’. Please don’t attempt to shift the context of the discussion.

Second, any such hearing would be easily cast as partisan. I think any attempt to claim such a hearing as exculpatory would only make things worse. It’s an easy target for the Right to point to and rail about in the court of public opinion in ways that would make Alex Jones angry and bitter at the MSM for taking his schtick.

1 Like

The GOP thanks you for your wooden-headedness.

3 Likes

[quote=“arrendis, post:908, topic:66001”][/quote]

What you say in your second paragraph may be correct, or not, but either way it does not gainsay the fact that Franken could have received an objectively fair hearing.

As for your first paragraph: it’s best that I let it sit there without further comment.

1 Like

Gillibrand didn’t want him as competition when seeking the nomination for executive. She learned from one the best as her mentor how to win elections and lose power.

Yeah you and me both. Good intentions evaporate with the speed of light in this current swamp culture we’ve had thrust upon us.

As you’ve nothing to refute it with, I agree. And just for the record, the original context of your hypothetical:

Shall we go back through the rest of it to establish the repeated use of ‘due process’ and references to the ethics committee, then, or would you like to stop moving your goalposts?

Look in the mirror snowflake, and stop yer fucking whining about the mythical Bernie Bros. Clinton Inc invented to discredit him with minorities and women. GOP level tactics.

Then reason and thought are dead to you. You’re not even throwing out the bathwater—just the babies.

1 Like

Sorry it disgusts you. As a lesbian, I have found it to be true. Some Democrats give a damn, others treat us like we’ll vote for them no matter what, as we have no other choice. Don’t know where you live or have lived, but that’s been the reality of my political experience for the last 42 years. They are better now, in the last 5 years, but they sucked big time, nothing but words for us for many years. It was never the right time to push for this bill or that one. How many times have we heard “maybe next congress,” “maybe next year”. Seems MLK Jr. had something to say about that.

And where the hell were they in their messaging when Reagan was elected by claiming “welfare queens” were collecting $150,000 a year when he ran in '80? I saw very little push back on that racist dog whistle. No Democrats were pointing out the racist shit Nixon peddled, and Reagan was peddling. Not in any meaningful way.

Not denying the power of the Civil Rights Act, I am talking how much help we have received as far as non discrimination in jobs, housing, and the amounts of violence experienced for simply being in the 12 states in which I have lived.

Speaking for myself, and my experience and why I won’t join their party. I do vote Democrat most often due to lack of choice, but I abhor their inability to get together and make anything happen.

If your experience has been different, I am ecstatic for you. But you no more speak for all black women than I do al lesbians, and I know several women of color and many gay men who, well, let’s just say, are as disenchanted, as I am.

1 Like

Face reality. Berniebros got rolled by Russian bots.

Sorry that you feel your voice is stifled, but to me the appropriate response is not to withhold your vote, which in a close election is equivalent to voting for the other party. The one that wants to you know, revoke your civil rights. It’s to get involved at the precinct level, make yourself heard. After all, it wasn’t Republicans who gave us the Civil Rights Act of 1968, or Rowe v Wade, or Obergefell. So, I personally am happy to concede that the Democratic Party is seriously flawed (which is why I remain an Independent), but I also recognize that withdrawing from the field is what gave us Trump (and just might give us Roy Moore next week).

1 Like

There is no such thing as Bernie Bots, that is the point. It was a fabrication of Clinton Inc., so stop pulling that red herring out your butt on everything.

As I recall, the indictments and charges were supposed to surface in October. The topic here, I thought, was the progress on the Mueller hearings. Didn’t know that Virginia and the other special elections were part of the equation.

And, to be frank, my expectations were set by commenters on TPM because Lord knows we get no salvation or hope from the MSM.

Yeah, right. That guy in Nevada was just moving that chair. Which, of course, explains why he received a group hug.

The original sulky Berniebots is Bernie himself.

Next you will be denying the existence of Russians.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available