Discussion: BREAKING: Franken Resigns In Emotional Speech, Denies Some Allegations

3 Likes

A pox on those who forced this.

88 Likes

I sure as hell hope I’m wrong and that the Dems who called for his resignation know what they are doing and what they are getting us all into.

47 Likes

So long, Al, and thanks for all the fish. You did a lot of good work, and to consider your Senate tenure “the honor of your life” is (IMHO) a correct read on it.

Next man/woman up.

33 Likes

I will do anything in my power to work against Kirsten Gillibrand.

32 Likes

Dems bask in righteousness.

6 Likes

Yup, i hear that she may have sexually assaulted people. I have zero proof but obviously that doesn’t matter.

39 Likes

Bannon: Roger, when you said you’d get Franken and have the Democrats do it for you I thought you were joking around after smoking that Green Crack. Our predators can breathe easier tonight because of you. Well played Sir, well played!

Stone: Thank you Steve, that means a lot coming from you. Smearing enemies of oligarchies is my passion so I never joke about it. I am a Dark Lord who’s run some of the dirtiest plays on the planet so do you seriously think taking down a Democratic Senator from freakin’ Minnesota would make me break a sweat?

Bannon: Yeah but when he asked to be investigated…

Stone: Pshaw, all we had to do was seed the media with anonymous victims. Once that got traction it created a safe space for more credible victims to come forward.

Bannon: Yeah, but knowing they’ve been punked before why would Dems eat their own before investigating all the facts? I mean ACORN?

Stone:

Bannon:

Stone: Seriously?

Bannon: Fair 'nuff.

65 Likes

I’m done. Have fun in 2018 Democrats.

14 Likes

What a heartbreaking speech.

27 Likes

I am disgusted with the Democratic Party today. We have abandoned justice, due process and one of our best senators in the name of political expediency, and looked like utter fools in the process. As we enter what may be one of the most important midterm elections in our nation’s history, our party just signaled to voters that they will not stand behind each other if they sense an opportunity to score a trite and virtually meaningless political point.

77 Likes

And I won’t say what you bask in …

2 Likes

Some Dems bask in self righteousness.

FIFY

5 Likes

Gillenbrand is running a lynch mob.
Shame on her.
She has ruined the movement, the voice that women wanted, by doing this.
Has she had the guts to come out and accuse Trump yet? Do anything to make him accountable.
She is just gutless and a fool!

signed, “me too”

61 Likes

our party just signaled to voters that they will not stand behind each other

It appears that Minnesotans no longer want him.

4 Likes

Been a registered Dem my entire life, but swapping to Unaffiliated. https://www.ncsbe.gov/Portals/0/Forms/NCVoterRegForm06W.pdf

15 Likes

Clarence Thomas -remains on the Supreme Court
Donald J. Trump - is still President
Blake Farenthold - still a member of the House of Representatives
Roy Moore -may be the next Senator from Alabama

It is past time to apply the same litmus test to all.

51 Likes

Gillibrand is up for reelection in a year. As a New Yorker, I will be seriously looking at her primary challengers because of this episode. I want a fighter in the Senate, not someone that backstabs their own so they can bend to the political breeze and win meaningless points that aren’t even being contested.

40 Likes

This strikes me as the same kind of dynamic that led progressives to not vote in 2016, or to vote third-party, because it was more important to be “right” than to win and advance our agenda. Whether that is a productive approach, I’ll leave for others to decide.

29 Likes

AND THEY ARE ACTUALLY GUILTY. GAH this is so absurd.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available