Discussion: Brain Scientist Arrested For Allegedly Pointing AR-15 At Women In Phoenix Airport

Discussion for article #225658

What could possibly go wrong by allowing open carry in airports?

48 Likes

Good grief! It just goes to show there is quite a difference between book-smart, and intelligent. My daughters former neurologist had a meltdown over medicaid reimbursement rates, and stopped seeing medicaid patients. He put up an ugly notice explaining his lack of compassion and utter greed that as a private patient with emplyer-sponsered healthcare, I found offensive and demeaning to the most vulnerable in our society. Needless to say, I got a my daughter a new neurologist, but they are all greedy little fuckwads in my state. I think there is only one or two that accept medicaid payments now. It’s disgraceful, given how much they charge for 10 minutes of their time. I hope the lout gets fired and shunned for his lack of decency.

37 Likes

Why not open-carry in SCOTUS, the Capitol in DC, the Capitol in Austin, or for visitors to NRA headquarters?

Why should people not have their “long guns” with them, proudly displayed in those venues?

51 Likes

Description shows how quickly this turns - the way he was carrying it.

Is this how we discern the difference between a good guy and a bad guy?

ETA - he may not have the right job - doesn’t he look like the guy in Re-Animator?

13 Likes

Police said the rifle’s muzzle pointed toward a woman and her daughter, who reported fearing for their safety.

Don’t worry! I’m a good guy!!

7 Likes

His specialty must be those infamous “Abby-normal” brains.

Hillary was right. If you walk around in public – including at dining establishments, shopping malls, bars, etc. – waving your loaded assault rifle or pointing your semi-automatic handgun at people, often yelling epithets at passersby, perhaps even daring anyone to try to take it from you … then yeah, you’re a terrorist.

23 Likes

Obviously this guy’s not a rocket scientist.

24 Likes

Apparently he has one of those abby-normal brains.

5 Likes

Dear Open Carry Advocates,
We heartily endorse your right to carry assault rifles into your local shops and places of business. Please–keep up the good work!
Signed,
Jeff Bezos

17 Likes

Note to self: no flights to or via Phoenix.

16 Likes

"Police told the Phoenix New Times that it is legal to carry a semi-automatic rifle into the airport terminal and that in Steinmetz’s case the problem was ‘the way he was carrying it.’ "

Foreign and domestic terrorists take note: when you carry your semiautomatic weapons into an airport, be sure to carry them muzzle down over your shoulder until the very instant you’re ready to start using it.

45 Likes

Proof that Ben Carson isn’t the only fucking moron in the neurological set.

27 Likes

he’s nuts

1 Like

Phoenix is, pardon the pun, gunning for the 2016 Democratic convention. Put this story in the “pro” column!

7 Likes

Needs to study his own brain. Would probably fine nothing there.

1 Like

His bio says he runs the Brain Modeling Laboratory. “Let’s see. I’ll push this side in a little here. Squish that part in a little. And that looks out of place. Snip. Snip. Viola! A new brain! Darn! Forgot the 2nd Amendment Cortex.”

2 Likes

addlepated lout… bwak!

2 Likes

Perhaps it’s time for Mr. Brain Scientist to get a few brain scans and see what’s gone wrong in there…

3 Likes

Oooh, they infringing his freedom to point the rifle in whatever direction he cares?

7 Likes