Discussion: Booker Says He'll Release Private Kavanaugh Doc, Prompting Cornyn Rebuke

Starting to feel like Kavanaugh really could go down. Especially if each of the senators released specific emails germane to Kavanaugh’s beliefs about minorities and women.

31 Likes

Booker is smart; even if he’s “expelled,” he’ll be a hero - and justified in this instance. Be the lodestar, Cory!

27 Likes

Kamala Harris and Cory Booker have both realized that visible, active, and vocal resistance to the @GOPTraitors Caucus is smart presidential positioning. I am all for this.

55 Likes

Looking like the perfect storm here. And Kavanaugh’s not doing himself any favors. Saying that he hadn’t thought about whether the president* could pardon himself is absolutely disqualifying. And let’s see if anyone asks him about his interactions with the Federalist Society; we really need to know what they asked him and what he promised them.

26 Likes

Kavanaugh is a HUGE prick who can’t hide the fact. I doubt he is very smart, either. Gorsuch also turned out to be a bit of a lightweight, compared to SCOTUS standards----a smarmy preening princess who lectures his colleagues with high school sophomore analogies.

31 Likes

Release it! Now is the time for extreme action. They want to put Kavanaugh in before the shit hits the fan with donnie and we need to do everything we can to stop this. He is a rightwing plant beholden to donnie. It could not be more clear. And that is dire.

40 Likes

Should each Senator release an email, or should one be the designated hitter?

4 Likes

Wow, the site is really screwed up today….is everyone else finding that to be the case? Dammit….why can’t they get a handle on this?

12 Likes

They should document dump everything they have.

It serves no purpose to hold anything back, and the consequences are likely to be the same whether they pick-and-choose or expose it all.

15 Likes

If he is expelled then he could easily win his seat back in 2020, or run for Prez in 2020.

7 Likes

Same. Not getting bad gatways yet but every click takes 20 seconds to execute.

10 Likes

dupe post removed.

2 Likes

I thought it took 2/3 of the senate to expel. Would dems vote to expel? I don’t see it…especially if several (Booker, Harris, Hirono) all do it…

16 Likes

So much for the image of spineless Democrats.

27 Likes

I agree. Release it all and in a united way. Nothing to lose and maybe something to gain. Right now these hearings are only being watched by political junkies like us. It needs to become mainstream nightly news, so do it, Dems!

11 Likes

Hell yeah.

25 Likes

The site just doesn’t have a lot of bandwidth, it likely would cost them more to up it. So when there is a lot of news or a big story it starts to get overwhelmed, that’s likely all there is to it.

4 Likes

It would have been da bomb if Booker responded to Cornyn with: “Yeah, and taking dirty rubles from the NRA ain’t gonna look good on your resume either John.”

Or some such thing.

20 Likes

Don’t congratulate them until there’s follow through.

7 Likes