Discussion: Bogus 'Election Integrity' Commission Wants States To Turn Over All Voter Data

Strictly from a state’s rights perspective, I’ll bet few states comply with this FEDERAL demand. Let’s wait and see as KK has no hammer to wield here and if he tries, he’ll be buried in lawsuits!

Btw, imagine if President Obama’s representative had asked all red states for the same data?

Hah!

6 Likes

Nothing sinister here. Moving along folks, nothing to see…

5 Likes

“Don’t forget the passwords for the election machine software.”

8 Likes

Well, I’m registered in two states, at least, although obviously never double voted unlike some of the clueless GOP unfortunates who’ve been tracked down by Inspector Javert here … I mean Kris Kobach … so I’m sure I’ll provide some grist for his voter fraud mill.

h/t @thepsyker

2 Likes

For some reason this make me think: ‘All Your Base Belongs to Us.’

1 Like

This is an obvious attempt to gain data for use by the Republican party in their efforts at voter suppression. For the first time in a long time, Oregon has a Republican as Secretary of State who I’m afraid will comply. This pisses me off.

9 Likes

There will be a majority of states that do comply, and it will run completely along party lines.

1 Like

Video game police here, Zero Wing would like a word:

2 Likes

Kris Kobach (R-KS), the vice chair of the commission and architect of many laws making it more difficult to vote, sent letters Thursday to all 50 secretaries of state demanding they turn over all publicly-available data from their voter rolls.

This is very poorly written. Kobach has no statutory authority to “demand” anything from state governments, and, in fact, the letter does not do so. The letter requests the information, but the commission has no recourse if they refuse.

I believe Josh had an edblog post on the importance of clarity and accuracy in journalism http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/good-journalism-requires-clarity-accuracy. Perhaps staff should read it.

5 Likes

I think you mean Inspector Javert, Valjean is the ex-con just trying to make something of his life that Javert tirelessly pursues.

2 Likes

Giant fishing expedition. Kobach is going to put it through that bogus database looking for matches of names and then say these people are voting in two or more states. If you have a common name you will be screwed. He will also then have a national database of voters. That is BS.

4 Likes

Well this will be interesting. OMG will the popcorn supplies hold for the next 4… umm how ever long this shit continues?

Ok, that is a lot of PII for anyone to handle, especially considering the hacks of the DNC, the hack attacks on the states voter databases, and the newly released disclosure of the leak of voter data by a GOP political firm.

Also what is to stop him using some search/algorithm that spits out the data that he wants to see/find. I mean it is not like the states have not try to prosecute citizens for voter fraud wrongly.

https://ivn.us/2016/04/14/how-200-promised-voter-fraud-cases-turned-one-prosecution/

2 Likes

Fuck them.

This “data” will immediately end up in the hands of Cambridge Analytica and be used to ensure Republican victories in 2018 and 2020.

This type of voter information is absolute GOLD to Big Data companies like Cambridge Analytica, who helped get Brexit in the UK and get Trump elected in the US.

4 Likes

“The full first and last names of all registrants, middle names or initials if available,”

We’ll be purging people who have the same name as anyone who died in the past 25+ years.

“addresses, dates of birth,”

This has to look good, so we’ll ask for these facts, but most likely ignore them in favor of demanding similar names be purged.

“political party (if recorded in your state),”

I mean, how else are we going to target Dem and 3rd party voters?

“last four digits of social security number if available”

Again, we have to make it look good. Besides, if we have the SS# it will help us do things like target them with the IRS, etc.

“voter history (elections voted in) from 2006 onward, active/inactive status, cancelled status,”

Proposed legislation to purge people who choose not to vote despite being registered and eligible…

“information regarding any felony convictions,”

Proposed legislation to ban felons from voting nationally in 3…2…1…

“information regarding voter registration in another state,”

Proposed legislation to create more felons in 3…2…1…

“information regarding military status”

Gotta make sure we’re pandering.

“and overseas citizen information”.

Depending on how this correlates with the party information, we’ll be proposing legislation to restrict mail-in voting and make it harder to accomplish.

3 Likes

Methinks there will be a host of Constitutional issues raised here.

1 Like

Washington state will tell him to kiss our ass

2 Likes

I don’t know about you but I say “HELL NO” to this guy getting any such information about me and other voters. First of all, I don’t even understand what legal right he would have to telling states what they must do - at best his position is a made up one by Trump and has no legitimate authority. Secondly, I don’t trust what he would do with all of that info given his background, his history of distorting information to fit his version of “fact” and his ambitions within the Republican Party

1 Like

How many of the Red State election officials who resisted Obama’s urging to get Federal help with election hacking after the Russian issue came up will comply without delay?

2 Likes