Discussion: Blue States Form Climate Alliance After Trump Withdraws From Paris Pact

And Trump will apply sanctions to those states for being UnAmerican.

10 Likes

Wouldn’t it be awesome if all 50 states – or at least a great majority-- joined?

18 Likes

Trump could visit California to discuss climate issues with Brown. However, he advised staff a second trip to a foreign land, so close on the heels of his latest foray, would tax his patience.

22 Likes

I see Tweetie has been busy retweeting all of the sycophantic slavering of his suck-ups (usual suspects):

2 Likes

Here’s what comes next: Trump starts engaging in ham-handed efforts to force other nations to abandon the Paris agreement. Threats, blackmail, economic sabotage, whatever means he can grab at and inflict. Mark it down.

21 Likes

There will be massive protests if and when he comes. Believe me

10 Likes

Wouldn’t Alabama and Mississippi have to master toothpaste and shoes before taking such a big next step?

14 Likes

I think he’s still mad about the Macron ‘handshake.’ Humiliated by a Frenchie. Worse than the Obama Correspondence Dinner embarrassment. Someone has to pay…

25 Likes

Time for states in the Northeast and West Coast to start talking secession, if not actually doing it. Let the Trump States start to ponder an existence where they have to carry their fair share.

6 Likes

And it’s the states that pay more into the federal budget than they get. No surprise here at all. Probably the biggest difference between D and R and especially Donald.

Ds do stuff to help others as well as themselves, Rs are all about doing things only for themselves.

12 Likes

7 Likes

Well you know the red states won’t and my state NH won’t because our Governor and General Court are all idiots. Hell we just passed a fetus personhood bill here.

4 Likes

Your move, Charlie Baker.

1 Like

It would but it won’t happen. Actually the opposite will produce a much larger schism in this country than before.

I will keep repeating this often: after 2017, much of this country will become ungovernable and unlivable. Without a Federal government acting as some kind of “firewall” to prevent the worst abuses, the Red states will immerse themselves in their worst beliefs.

EDIT TO ADD:

Hurricane season starts with nobody in charge at FEMA or NOAA. Madness!https://t.co/u51RVwJe8W via @TB_Times

— aquarius40 (@Aquarius40) June 1, 2017
17 Likes

This is a damn shame!

An American Governor is forced to set his state climate policies based on China’s standards, because our very own “so called” leader has chosen not to believe the climate is changing due to the pollutants being forced into our environment.

I look forward to seeing Gov Brown kick Donald “Jughead” Trump’s ass in this climate fight!

11 Likes

The DT states probably see that as a big win for themselves because their fair share begins and ends with the military budget.

2 Likes

After the initial fog of announcement disbelief people realize it is just another not Russia distraction. The government is not the people. Sometimes it works for us and other times it is a train wreck. We and Planet Earth do not need permission to do what we see as best to sustain and improve our lives. Elon Musk resigned from the presidential advisory council. Tesla and nearly all industries are founded on the opportunity of advancement made possible by science and engineering. So they will continue to develop and market the cleaner more efficient products we will buy. Science deniers will find dying fossil industries less able to produce products that intelligent people and progressive industries will buy. Although I am fascinated by the possibility of a coal burning blender in my kitchen.

We still have the power. We can put solar on our roofs. We can buy the hybrids and electric vehicles. We can support local initiatives for city, schools, and state governments to grow the political will to get our national government back to helping us make the world a better place.

20 Likes

“The President has already said climate change is a hoax, which is the
exact opposite of virtually all scientific and worldwide opinion,”
California Governor Jerry Brown said in a statement
announcing the alliance. “I don’t believe fighting reality is a good
strategy – not for America, not for anybody. If the President is going
to be AWOL in this profoundly important human endeavor, then California
and other states will step up.”
…

Good on you Jerry!!

18 Likes

It’s likely a good thing that he hasn’t put someone there yet, likely find someone who believes god causes the weather and we should burn all the computers as it upsets god.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available