Discussion: Bipartisan Group Of Senators Ask NBA To Ditch All Star Game In North Carolina

One republican makes it bipartisan.

One.

One republican.

26 Likes

Encouraging that there is at least token bipartisanship here, but it would be a lot more effective with a couple more “R’s” aboard.

5 Likes

The NBA doing this would be the most public and high profile denunciation of this policy. Adam Silver, the somewhat new commissioner, seems to be a good man with a good moral compass, as made evident when he threw Donald Sterling out of the league. I hope he does the right thing here and moves the All-Star game. These asshole Republicans need to understand what they did. Maybe this will be the slap across the face that they need?

20 Likes

Governor McRory of North Carolina:

"Look! It’s my FOOT.

Ready… Aim…"

—> You know the rest.

3 Likes

I believe that’s pronounced “one desperate republican”.

21 Likes

Yeah, but we all know that already.

Twist the thumb screws further! Someone hand me the pliers…that thumbnail is staring at me funny!

3 Likes

But there’s no difference between the two parties.

Nope. No difference.

And look, the senator from VT!

No, not that one.

12 Likes

The AHL team I have season tickets to is likely to face Charolette in the first round of the playoffs. Any suggestions for signs to bring to the games?

3 Likes

All of a sudden it is reelection time and he decides it now okay to reach across the aisle ??
Wow it seems the GOP lifetime NO COMPROMISE bandwagon now has an expiration ?

8 Likes

Is he trying to placate former Chicagoan Michael Jordan somehow? It can’t be just a moral decision on Kirk’s part, so I’m guessing there’s something at play with the Charlotte part-owner.

1 Like

Mark Kirk (R-IL)

I’d like to think that he is doing this for the right reasons. But I keep thinking this is because his internal polling sucks and he’s desperate.

19 Likes

And if the NBA doesn’t play ball, so to speak, perhaps the players can organize a boycott?

4 Likes

Mr Courage, John Kasich, claimed he’d probably not sign a law like this in Ohio… can we ask him if he’ll sign this letter too?

7 Likes

I guess my Senators Feinstein and Boxer are to busy writing up stupid anti-flag burning amendments and cryptologically insane FBI law requests . . . .

One Republican who is running hard to the left - in Republican terms -´cos he´s i a blue state. Were he to be reelected, he´d be right back being a typical Republican.

5 Likes

nah… not that so much…

you know… chicks don’t understand or dig sports…

1 Like

I’m sure they’ll be happy to sign on. They’re from CA, remember?

Are you?

I was going to post that, actually. heh.