Discussion: Bill O'Reilly Interrupts His Vacation To Demand De Blasio's Resignation (VIDEO)

Discussion for article #231442

“He cannot run this city. He’s lost control of the police department and their respect," O’Reilly told guest host Greg Gutfeld. “They will never come back no matter what he says, because he sided with the protesters, that’s what he did. And he associated with provocateurs and he has disgraced the office of mayor of New York City. He should resign.”

I know how he feels. I kept waiting 8 years for W to resign. Elections are a bitch.

27 Likes

Here’s a Daily Kos diary that goes to the heart of the matter since Fox News has no heart…

25 Likes

As usual O’Reilly’s sense of his own self-importance is way out whack with reality. Does he actually think De Blasio is going to resign because he said so. You should have stayed home Bill, no one cares.

16 Likes

Ok everybody, relax! Bill’s here, he’ll handle it.

4 Likes

“What type of responsible father tells that to his son?”

A black parent. A responsible black parent living anywhere in America tells that to their son. And they warn all their kids to avoid Fox News, Bill.

34 Likes

“De Blasio is proud that he told his teenage son that he may face ‘dangers’ when interacting with the NYPD,” O’Reilly said. “What type of responsible father tells that to his son?”

What a sad, pathetic old white man.
If I were a minority father I would most certainly tell that to my son. My understanding is that it’s darn near universal. Based on past history, it would be irresponsible not to!

24 Likes

That’s what I don’t understand most about the furor over the Mayor’s comments. He didn’t say anything that any other parent with a child viewed as black wouldn’t have said. Furthermore how are all these people who don’t have black children telling him he’s incorrect in relaying what his child experienced? How can they think they know better than he does, that his child is viewed differently? My parents gave me that talk, so did my friends parents, and my best friend whose husband is white explained to him why they’d have to give that talk to their kids. Its real, Mr. O Reilly and telling the people that are living it that it’s bad parenting, is disrespectful to the extreme when their children are lying dead in the street.

22 Likes

O’Reilly was just trying to catch up with W’s inflated sense of importance. Remember when he rushed back from his vacation to sign a bill protecting Terri Schaivo? Well, BillO is even with W. now.

6 Likes

And O’Lielly’s demand will have it’s suitable level of effectiveness: 0…

1 Like

“What type of responsible father tells that to his son?”

The kind of responsible father who tells the truth!

5 Likes

I really hope the police union isn’t going the way of the Teamsters, who were corrupt from the top down and threw their support to Republicans.

2 Likes

Not just a black parent but the parent of any black or brown child . . .because it’s true!!!

5 Likes

I think I found Bill O’Reilly on Wikipedia:

Bill O’Reilly (aka Massive A-Hole):

A mathematically defined region of spacetime exhibiting such a strong gravitational bullsh!t that no imminent truth or fact can escape from it’s piehole.

2 Likes

I 10005 back Snoop Dog’s comment about O’Reilly!
Snoop Dog and Bill O’Reilly, a classic You Tube video!

6 Likes

Good, responsible parenting requires that you warn about and guide your children away from dangers in their environment.

Not to mention explaining that Fox News is right wing propaganda filled with lies.

5 Likes

BillO could have called in from his vacation and demanded Deblasio’s resignation but instead he said
“Fuck it I’ll do it live”.

1 Like

To paraphrase Obama’s retort to Steven Colbert: this is why DiBlasio is where he is, and why O’Reilly isn’t.

4 Likes

Still, one must have a tiny bit if pity for those who are so obviously bound for Hell.

1 Like

Yep. To be truthful I don’t remember being sat down and given a talk, but somehow all my siblings and I knew that when we encountered a police officer we were supposed to be respectful and answer “Yes sir”. We also knew to avoid seeming to oppose, resist or talk back to the police for any reason. As a young Black kid, this was on the same level as ‘looking both ways before you cross the street’.

4 Likes