Discussion: Benghazi Select Committee Will Have 7 Republicans, 5 Democrats

Discussion for article #222471

BOYCOTT IT!!! Fucking kangaroo court show trial nonsense!!!

Yes, the GOP/Teatrolls will use it against the Dems that they refused to sit on the committee, but this is completely ridiculous and way too blatant to even need a fucking explanation.

34 Likes

This will blow up in the faces. Easy bet. Don’t ask questions you don’t want to know answers to.

6 Likes

And how many millions will be wasted finding out what we already know?

8 Likes

Benghazi Select sounds like a really terrible wine.

17 Likes

Boycott. Let the Nutters mutter to themselves about conspiracy theories.

2 Likes

“Unnamed Source: Benghazi Select Committee Will Have 7 Republicans, 5 Democrats.”

I’m withholding judgment until Dean Chambers unskews those numbers.

10 Likes

The five Democrats are Joe Lieberman. That’s it, just Joe Lieberman.

15 Likes

7 to 5 split in favor of Republicans so that, when they decide on the “conclusion” they wish to reach, they don’t have to worry about mollifying one or more Democrats to ram it through.

4 Likes

The air is already leaking out of the latest BENGHAZI balloon the GOP has launched. This will blow up in their faces just like all the other “scandals” they concoct.

2 Likes

Lieberman isn’t even 1 democrat.

8 Likes

They should just have a vote as soon as they gavel the hearings open and get it over with. I wonder what the result will be?

2 Likes

Good Lord - if any Democrat participates in this farce they should be kicked out of the party. I’m serious.

10 Likes

Why would Dems even contemplate attending this Klan meeting?

11 Likes

Beating this horse carcass will waste opportunities. What we have here is a serious lack of ideas

This will be Fox style fair and balanced.

2 Likes

It’s times like this that I miss Barney Frank.
Sit him on a committee like this and he’d make Gowdy and his posse look like buffoons while running the table in the press.

18 Likes

Sure wish Barney Frank was still a member of the House.

8 Likes

I’m on the same page. Posted one minute after you did.

1 Like

I have gone back and forth on the merits of participating vs. boycotting, and decided that boycotting is the only thing that really makes sense. Any Democrat who testifies before this committee should absolutely stick to a dozen or so talking points that only produce sound bytes that expose the ridiculousness of this kangaroo court. For example, a question about where PBO was at the time should be answered with, “Where were you when we there were 13 terrorist attacks on embassies and consulates and over 50 deaths during the Bush administration?”

32 Likes