Discussion: Ben Carson Reportedly Weighing Cabinet Position As HUD Secretary

TrumP adds ColoR and gravitaS to his cabinet. Much morE pluralistic than oHbummers all blacK and Jew and hardly no real aMericaNs.

8 Likes

Musical chairs, musical Cabinet Positions! Who want’s to be HUD Secretary! In the back, the crazy pyramid doctor! You’re the next contestant on Trump Shafts America! Come on down!

6 Likes

He would be a great White House lawn jockey.

Was just reading how HUD works closely with megabuck contractors and can easily become a slush fund for a lax administration. Which makes this somnolent space cadet a perfect choice for the Grifter King’s cat’s-paw.

8 Likes

Carson, who ran for president last year, had previously said that he did not feel he was qualified to serve in Trump’s administration. Now, he is reportedly considering it over the Thanksgiving holiday.

Now that he’s seen who else Chiselin’ Trump has nominated for cabinet positions, he figures that he’s no less qualified than most of them, so hey, why not give it a shot.

3 Likes

He was doing so well

1 Like

But he is qualified. Trump hears “Urban,” sees blighted, devastated black ghettos. Carson is black. Its a perfect match, . . . . isn’t it? Oh yeah.

If Carson is picked, that means Armstrong Williams will be the one actually running HUD. Don’t get caught up with the puppets, people - watch the puppet masters.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Of course Chiselin’ Trump thinks that Carson is qualified. It was Carson himself who had previously said that he did not feel that he was qualified.

2 Likes

Ben Carson Reportedly Weighing Cabinet Position As HUD Secretary

He told Chislein’ Trump that he would get back to him with an answer soon, but first he needs to find a scale.

2 Likes

There is a very onerous process for securing HUD backing of low income housing projects, which is one of their main missions. It’s a boon for developers because interest rates are low as is risk, and occupancy rates are high. Is this a bad thing for developers to make subsidized housing for section 8 qualifiers in areas, like where I live in DC, where there is a shortage of housing for poor folks because of gentrification and other factors which is making DC a popular place to live?

Currently rent owing to circumstances, but the House I owned in a gentrifying neighborhood I bought for 430,000 for .10 acres and 1300 sqr foot Victorian duplex built in 1909. Sold it for 560,000 and the new owner is looking to sell for 660,000, all within 5 years. If I’d bought the place in 2005, it would’ve cost 50,000. Go figure.

1 Like

Please oh please Sarah Palin for Interior or State or, hell, anything. I’m tired of worrying about the consequences of a Trump presidency. Bring on the full-on stupid! I’m rooting for collapse. I don’t like my kids that much anyways. I mean, I’ll teach them how to hunt through smoking piles of rubble for undamaged cans of food, but that’s it.

6 Likes

Every single g*ddamn position that Rump wants to fill is a Bush era “Good job Brownie” waiting to happen…

5 Likes

He was right the first time.

1 Like

I’m all for housing for the poor, since I’m pretty close to poor myself. (Insert emoticon for not really joking here.) What I read was basically a reminder of the tenure of Samuel Pierce at HUD during the Reagan years, with many of his underlings convicted for influence peddling, favoritism, all that fun stuff. Since Carson’s quite a grifter himself and yet famously not that alert, his potential for contributing to Trump’s Most Corrupt Administration Ever award struck the writer as meaningful.

4 Likes

Probably right there. Not sure how they will circumvent the system in place, but I guess we will find out.

but ole uncle ben knows where the rice is stored. might be a tad stale?

1 Like

hey, the first guy i would have looked to for HUD is the narcoleptic doc. besides, he knows knives.