Discussion: Barr's Pity Party For Trump On No Obstruction: He Was 'Frustrated'

1 Like

Translation: “Trump told me that he didn’t attempt to obstruct, and therefore I have declared his efforts to obstruct as non-obstruction.”

William Barr – the first Director of Trump’s Ministry of Propaganda and Enlightenment.

23 Likes

The funny thing about all these macho incel deplorable wannabes who love Trump is that their hero is really just a whiny thin-skinned loser who can’t take a punch.

17 Likes
22 Likes

Notice the “no collusion” theme. How many times does Mueller actually use the word?

3 Likes

Good to know that if you commit a crime out of “frustration,” it’s all good.

I particularly liked when Barr got pissed at the reporter’s question about why Mueller wasn’t there — it’s not his report, it’s mine!

18 Likes

I’ve been a criminal defense lawyer for more than 30 years and I must tip my briefcase to Barr. I couldn’t have done a press conference for a client I was defending any better than that.

15 Likes

This was no more than a cooking show in which the Fixer was fixing some fixins’. More lies with a sauce of sycophancy.

4 Likes

Corrupt actions that have noncorrupt motives???
WTF

6 Likes

Barr claimed that Trump, when entering office, “faced an unprecedented situation,” with the start of the Russia investigation. Barr claimed Trump was “frustrated and angered by his sincere belief that the investigation was undermining his presidency, propelled by his political opponents, and fueled by illegal leaks.”

Since when is being Paranoid and worried about your PR image a LEGAL DEFENSE?!?!?!

They are who we thought they are.

9 Likes

Yeah, I’m sure Timothy McVeigh was very “frustrated” when he bombed that building…

6 Likes

Yeah, Barr, just send us the report, we’ll take it from there.

Innocent people don’t cover up the innocent things they do.

15 Likes

there you have it folks, the DOJ says working with foreign intelligence services to influence an election is OK, did you hear that world? our presidency is up to bid for the highest offer, better get busy with proposals, 2020 is around the corner

14 Likes

Sounds like your clients must be really guilty, sorry about any preconceptions.

2 Likes

Didn’t they impeach Bill Clinton for lying about having a affair. Last time i checked that wasn’t a crime and yet…

4 Likes

But Barr is not supposed to defend tRump. He is supposed to defend the Constitution.
I know. I know. I know. I’m being a delusional optimist.

13 Likes

It was clear that Barr considers his client to be Donald Trump, not the United States of America and its people, laws, and Constitution.

12 Likes

Warning that readers of the report should “bear in mind the context,”

—Unlike with anything President Obama ever said. Or John Kerry, or Hillary, or Rep. Omar, or anyone with a D next to their name. In those cases, their words alone can be cut and pasted to manipulate them into a totally different context that makes conservatives feel all warm and wrapped up in their delusions of oppression.

10 Likes

The good news is that the media does not seem to be buying Barr’s bullshit the second time around. Even the NYT described Barr as “sounding like a defense lawyer, making no criticism of the president and instead offering an understanding interpretation of actions that Mr. Trump’s critics have said amounted to obstruction of justice.”

Plus they finally have caught on to the “no collusion” ruse: “Mr. Barr provided an important qualifier to the determination that President Trump and the Trump campaign did not engage in illegal collusion — not with the Russian government that stole the Democratic emails, but with WikiLeaks, which published them…In other words, since WikiLeaks did not participate in Russia’s underlying hacking of the emails, its actions were no crime. Thus, any Trump campaign collusion with WikiLeaks could not be an illegal conspiracy.” So they didn’t explicitly point out how Barr substitutes the non-legal term “collusion” to gloss the fact that an illegal act of conspiracy can’t be established, but it’s progress.

I think Barr’s performance today was so over the top that it won’t work in helping to shape the narrative–perhaps just the opposite.

19 Likes

TheRe cannot be obsTruction if yoU huRt someONe’s feelinGs. It’s laW move on LibTards.

5 Likes