Discussion: Barr: 'I Am Told' Mueller Thought It Was 'My Prerogative' To Announce No Obstruction

1 Like

“Rosanne is now the most respected Barr in America.”
— Harry Shearer

Sure you were, you lying sack of shit. But by whom?

Evidently Barr is exploring that fine line between psychic and psychotic.

17 Likes

“The voices…they just…get…louder…”

3 Likes

The foxes control the hen house…

3 Likes

Hahahahahaha no.

3 Likes

It’s MY report!!!

3 Likes

I THINK the BFF status of the Barr and Mueller household might have died a quick death.

I also thought it was interesting how annoyed Barr got when reporters asked where Mueller was, since it was HIS report.

16 Likes

“I didn’t talk to him directly about the fact that we were making the decision, but I am told that his reaction to that was that it was my prerogative as attorney general to make that decision.”

By who?

4 Likes

“I didn’t talk to him directly about the fact that we were making the decision"
Yet you have plenty of time to talk to individual 1 about the report. Wonder why.

9 Likes

I think that Bill Barr needs to remember what happened to Nixon’s butt-monkey AG: John N.Mitchell.
On February 21, 1975, Mitchell, who was represented by the criminal defense attorney William G. Hundley, was found guilty of conspiracy, obstruction of justice, and perjury and sentenced to two and a half to eight years in prison for his role in the Watergate break-in and cover-up.
Mitchell was sentenced to prison in 1977 and served 19 months.

12 Likes

In 99.9% of grand jury proceedings, the subject of the investigation is not a political figure who can be judged outside of the criminal justice system (i.e. impeachment). For Barr to continue to say that the only purpose of the Mueller Report was to determine if criminal charges should be brought to any subjects of the investigation glosses over the extraordinary nature of a Special Council investigation.

14 Likes

SPOILER ALERT:
Today’s NYT (online) “Spelling Bee” has as its “one word that uses all the letters”:

COMPLICIT (the “P”) is the required letter.
Words that also come to mind:
Politico
Poll
Plot
Poop
Topic
Optic
Pomp
…

1 Like

“I am told…”

A friend of a friend who is the 3rd cousin of his great aunt’s stepfather on her mother’s side told him.

5 Likes

To be fair, @irasdad said it first.

3 Likes

Recall that Barr is the only source of that alleged family friendship. It could be true, but it could be exaggerated.

3 Likes

I was hoping someone would’ve asked “Isn’t this report really a Congressional road map for impeachment ala Jaworski’s Watergate report?”

7 Likes

Ira always says it first. You would think the national media would finally get that through their thick skulls. Jeez! It’s like talking to wallboard!

6 Likes

Still hard to believe @irasdad isn’t a handsomely paid comedy writer, ain’t it?

8 Likes

Rick Wilson weighs in:

6 Likes

Direct from the Mueller Report: “With respect to whether the President can be found to have obstructed justice by exercising his powers under Article II of the Constitution, we concluded that Congress has the authority to prohibit a President’s corrupt use of his authority in order to protect the integrity of the administration of justice.”

10 Likes